The Sales Supervisor a cross functional role responsible for leading, staffing, coaching and training a team of Junior Loan Originators to assist in achieving budgeted loan production, and retention of balances while providing best-in-class customer service. This team is primarily responsible for assisting in doc collection, aged pipelines and borrower retention sales of home loans obtained through, but not limited to, outbound lead campaigns, inbound phone, bank website, retention of existing customers, and other external direct to customer campaigns. Also responsible for providing support to customers and internal partners on applications, handling customer escalations and problem resolution. The Sales Supervisor will comply with regulations/company policies, and manage expenses.
Coaching and Development
- Develop and lead individual monthly performance meetings with agents to review overall productivity, sales performance, audit reviews, and evaluated calls in addition to addressing any other current individual or team topics.
- Provide real-time and/or side-by-side operational and sales support coaching, live monitor calls, review recorded calls, and run/analyze production reports for continuous improvement of agent performance.
- Develop and maintain a knowledgeable staff by hiring strong personnel, documenting and delivering coaching through performance improvement plans, warning letters, documented discussion, and semi-annual performance reviews.
- Maintain a positive work environment through motivation and visibility to agents. Supervisor will perform live monitoring of staff, compliment for on-the-spot performance, and assist those struggling with calls.
- Share job knowledge and best practices for continued development.
- Drive for Results - focused effort and attention on increased sales, quality, and compliance; organize efforts to best attain results; anticipate roadblocks, analyze metrics, and identify trends to ensure targets are met.
- Focus on the customer - understand what drives customer satisfaction, transfer that knowledge and coach agents to those key drivers. Take action on results in the form of recognition and change of behavior.
- Build, establish, and maintain open lines of communication with agents, peers, trainers, managers, Business Units and/or vendors to facilitate problem solving and inform Management and staff accordingly.
- Lead and/or attend appropriate intra and interdepartmental meetings as a direct lending participant
- Responsible for identifying and communicating any escalated areas of risk.
- Act as a catalyst for ongoing change and growth by continually challenging systems, processes and procedures with the end result being increased efficiency.
- Develop and partner with training team to deliver training sessions as necessary.
- Provide response to management as necessary for audits, privacy concerns, and any other issues.
- Manage a range of non-phone activities including huddles, completion of LMS courses, and special projects.
- Manage proactive approval and denial of time off requests as well as audit and approve schedules created by workforce management team to ensure KPI goals are met.
- Maintain familiarity with systems and applications in order to research inquiries.
- Ensure familiarity with the most up-to-date policies and procedures to communicate accurate information to agents and/or customers.
- Recognize and communicate the need for potential additions and/or modifications to current policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Ensure that customer questions and problems are resolved properly and quickly. Address challenging customers and problems that require escalation outside of the department. Strive to provide all customers with an outstanding customer experience.
- Ensure knowledge of current policies and procedures while using problem solving skills to communicate accurate information to employees.
- Meet and exceed customer satisfaction expectations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in management or operational development preferred
- 4+ year Mortgage Sales experience required
- 2+ years leadership experience required
- 1+ years of call center experience required
- Proven record of developing and coaching high performing service and sales teams.
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction while ensuring quality standards are met.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing operational requirements and procedures in a call center.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to think quickly under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy.
- Must be team-oriented, highly organized, detailed oriented and have successfully demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Understanding of MS Office Suite with intermediate technical and computer skills; ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor
- Ability and willingness to work the varying shifts including evenings and weekends
Internal Use Only - Job Band -H