Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the design stage of the proven process, collaborating with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues, obstacles to adoption and assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the proven process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. Sales Engineers are technical sales professionals responsible for providing design expertise on high value opportunities and performing network design around specific technologies or solutions.
Following Development Group Inc.'s organizational values, you will help qualify opportunities, design technical solutions, and ensure communication is flowing between customers and other critical stakeholders. In this role, you will work in close partnership with the Development Group engineering and sales teams to represent Development Group's core values and company goals. This Exempt position reports to the Engineering Manager.Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform technical discovery for qualified sales opportunities.
- Analyze site survey data to inform the production of associated SE work product.
- Create Bill of Material(s) in response to Engineering Task Requests.
- Create solution concept drawing(s) in response to Engineering Task Requests.
- Create Statement of Work and professional service estimates for standard work in response to Engineering Task Requests.
- Initiate site survey process and supply necessary data for survey team success.
- Assemble proposal packages including quotes, SoW, drawings(s), MSA, stocking letter and E-Rate paperwork.
- Formal presentation of proposed solution and supporting documents (e.g. proposal, SoW, financing, etc.).
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all sales materials (quotes, proposals, RFP responses, etc.) provided to customers
- Keep personal workspace clean and organized.
- Understand overall company goals, align priorities and activities to reflect and support those goals.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 1+ years' experience in the same or similar field preferred.
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) preferred.
- Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) preferred.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of product/service lines, and an in depth knowledge of specific areas.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Netformix a plus.
- Outstanding customer facing/listening skills.
- Outstanding analytical and computational skills.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate positive outcomes for customers and Development Group in conflict situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace which is English.
- Ability to handle design functions and planning for mid to large scale projects.
- Excellent understanding of internetworking industry trends, including new products and solutions.
- Advanced understanding of competitive product and solution landscape and ability to articulate trade-offs between Development Group and competitor products.
- Able to probe customer business needs with insightful questions.
- Able to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Unique ability to accomplish tasks despite incomplete information and/or other obstacles.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision so strong initiative is a must.
- Ability to get things done; able to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviors.
- Must be organized and analytical with attention to detail and accuracy of work product; able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Ability to recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve; ability to seek out feedback on self.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks (reports, expense reports, etc.).
- Must maintain professional demeanor in any given situation.