The Sales Director has three primary areas of responsibility:
New Business Sales Activities ("Hunter"):
- Proactively target an agreed set of tier 1 and tier 2 Communication Service Providers ("CSP"s) throughout the region (primarily US) with the purpose of selling the full portfolio of solutions available from Client
- Accurately set and manage both internal and external expectations as you drive often long, complex and high value sales cycles
- Critically evaluate and qualify new sales opportunities, and present an internal business case to pursue the opportunity prior to bid engagement
- Provide input to/prepare client-facing deliverables, both at a detailed and C-level executive summary level
- Engage with Clients internal pre-sales resources in order to ensure the pre-sales team gains clear and unrestricted access to prospective client's technical, network operations and IT functional departments, thereby ensuring a clear understanding of client's technical infrastructure and future requirements and how Client's solutions will integrate into their environment
- Provide input to potential project ROI, payback and other financial analyses.
- Attend industry trade shows and events, serving as Client's advocate to explore new opportunities as appropriate.
Account Management ("Farmer"):
- Identify add-on sales opportunities at existing clients as appropriate
- Act as the Client Advocate and the voice of the Client back to Client
- Liaise with the delivery/ operations functions within Client to ensure that the expectations set to the client during the sales cycle are met or exceeded
- Continue to build strong relationships across existing clients to generate further revenues, obtain sponsor/site visit reference status, etc.
- Accurately capture and report all account management and selling activities in Salesforce.com
- Using Revenue Storm and other tools, map existing client's functional areas (Revenue Assurance, Fraud Management, Asset Assurance, etc.) against the full portfolio of Clients .
Contributing to the ongoing evolution of the company's product line and sales, bid management methodologies
- Provide timely and accurate client and industry input to help shape Client's future road map and investments
- Have a minimum of 10 years' experience providing complex and high value BSS/OSS platforms and solutions ( SAAS, AI/ML) to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Communication Service Providers (CSP's) in North America. Should have good knowledge of the Communications and Media industry of all sizes and services ( MVNO,Tier1,2,3,IP,DTH etc)
- knowledge of the telecom industry technology, infrastructure, network management and provisioning, billing, and operational support/billing support (OSS/BSS) systems, analytics/Big Data, IoT, is a plus
- Have proven ability to call on all levels of an organization, with appropriate messaging into the various levels
- Have own rolodex of VP/CIO connects.
- Have proven experience building, contributing and managing complex and high value bid / sales processes, with successful results
- Good understanding of Solution Selling (ideally Revenue Storm) sales process and methodology
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (listening, writing, presentation), including the ability to convey Client's value proposition to a variety of audiences ranging from engineers to CXO-level executives in a client-facing environment
- Have proven successful problem-solving skills
- Be a strong self-starter with a "can-do" attitude and be highly efficient at completing concurrent tasks with minimal guidance. Tenacity and ambition to succeed in an aggressive and dynamic environment is vital
- Have the highest integrity and have earned the respect of peers, as well as being viewed as a team player, learning and respecting the roles and responsibilities of others in support roles
- Be proficient with MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio.
- Proven Success at managing and hitting multi-million $ annual quotas
- Proficient in Salesforce.com
- Proven Consultative Selling Skills
- Be willing to travel between 30-60% of any given calendar year (primarily domestically)
- provided by Dice