Do you love making a direct impact on your team? Are you interested in collaborating to bring in new business? Are you looking to make a splash as part of a close-knit team? Then we’re looking for you! We are looking to expand our Sales Development team so that we can continue to grow and seek out new business opportunities.
FMX is looking to add a Sales Development Representative to its world-class sales team. The ideal candidate is disciplined, detail-oriented, coachable, and constantly seeking self-improvement and the opportunity to further their career in the sales space. You must be able to understand the operations, attributes, economic factors, and behaviors of your target market(s) and your buyer persona(s). You'll be working in a fast-paced, high-energy, and collaborative environment, where you'll be expected to show up every day and impact the strategy and culture of the company in a positive way.
You will hold ownership of the top end of the FMX Sales Funnel: from introducing a prospect to the FMX product, to scheduling initial consultations, on-site visits, and/or webinar demos between the prospect and an Account Executive. This role will work in coordination with the rest of the sales team, marketing team and field marketing team to generate opportunities, and will have a core focus on one (of three) of FMX’s primary verticals; K-12 schools/Higher Education, Government and Municipalities.
- Making 70+ outbound phone calls each day
- Engaging with leads given to you by the SDR manager with the goal of setting an appointment for your Account Executive(s)
- Supporting FMX’s marketing efforts by following up on Marketing Qualified Leads and progressing them through the FMX Sales Funnel
- Managing prospect/lead status, data integrity, and prospect notes in SalesLoft
- Achieving, and exceeding, weekly/monthly metrics (calls, meetings set, qualified opportunities generated, etc.)
- Communicating with the Account Executive team regarding prospect notes, meeting times, and key topics to review for all meetings set
- Contributing to strategic weekly sales and training meetings
- Actively pursuing self-improvement and assisting the team to meet company goals
FMX Benefits & Life at FMX:
- You’ll make a big impact: You’ll have significant influence over the direction of our product and the future of our company.
- Enjoy flexible working hours: Have a dentist appointment at 8:30 AM? Need to tack on an extra 15 minutes at lunch to squeeze in that workout? As long as you're getting your work done then our working hours are flexible.
- Work from home: At FMX we are remote first, but you’re welcome to use our office as you need. We have two all-company events a year to ensure that you can put a face to that name and establish high-trust relationships with your teammates and co-workers. When you’re in the office, you can take advantage of our free snacks, beverages, and office kegerator.
- You’ll enjoy a collaborative culture and a close-knit team: We're a team of hard-working, high-fiving, friendly folks. We take collaboration, transparency, continuous improvement, and work/life balance seriously.
- The base salary range for this position is expected to be $45,000. On target earnings for this position is $75,000.
- 401(k) and medical / dental / vision insurance
The candidate for this position can be located anywhere in the US.
FMX is founded and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio and develops a cloud-based, software-as-a-service facility maintenance and management product. FMX serves education, property management, manufacturing, and other markets and is one of the fastest-growing companies in its space. Check us out at: https://www.gofmx.com/Requirements
Note: All other company requirements are documented in the FMX Teammate Handbook. FMX is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Experience & Qualities:
- You have 1+ years of experience (sales or a related field preferred, but not required)
- You maintain exceptional attention to detail, task management, and organizational skills
- You are capable of learning new technologies in a short period of time
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills
- You can build relationships quickly with anyone, particularly over the phone
- You learn rapidly and are highly coachable
- You are self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- You embody our core pillars: We value our work ethic, we are disciplined in our processes and responsibilities, we are coachable and seek out constructive criticism, we value results and are performance-driven, we treat each other and everyone we meet with respect and integrity.
The hiring process for this role:
- Apply! Submit your resume and answers to the application questions below via the Workable portal.
- Phone screen with HR: A 30-minute conversation to review your background and experiences, discuss the culture at FMX, and ensure that you understand the general expectations for the role. Also, a great time for you to ask questions about compensation, benefits, etc.
- Hiring manager conversation: A 60-minute conversation with the Director of Sales Development and VP of Sales. Be prepared to discuss your background as well as what you’re looking for in your next role and what direction you see your career path taking. Also, a great time for you to ask questions about the expectations for this role, team culture, etc.
- Panel Interview and Presentation: A 60-minute panel interview and presentation to the Director of Sales Development, the VP of Sales, an Account Executive, a Senior Sales Development Representative, and a teammate from People Operations.