About the Role:
Planet is seeking an experienced Manager, Revenue to support the EMEA region, reporting to the International Controller. The role can be based remotely in any one of the following countries: The Netherlands, Germany, Slovenia, Austria or the United Kingdom.
This role has direct supervisory and mentorship responsibilities. You will provide leadership, accounting expertise, business sense, and will have a strong desire to improve processes. You will manage the revenue close and will drive strategic initiatives while working cross-functionally by partnering with our Finance, Deals Desk, Legal, Sales, and Sales Operations. Ideally you are an excellent teammate who is hands on, highly detail oriented and process driven, but also a critical and creative thinker that can jump into the details while keeping an eye on the big picture. You’re a great fit for this role if you have a technical revenue background with and experience in managing revenue accounting operations in a fast-paced environment.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Lead the revenue contract review process and review the documentation of non-standard contracts to address any revenue considerations in accordance with ASC 606.
- Documentation of revenue conclusion for complex or non-standard revenue arrangements
- Management of Planet’s revenue accounting including the month/quarter end close process, reconciliations, and related reporting and disclosures while operating in an effective SOX framework
- Collaborating with cross functional teams including sales, legal, deal strategy, finance systems and FP&A to ensure strategic alignment on business initiatives and specific transactions, system enhancements, and process streamlining
- Support external reporting requirements such as the remaining performance obligation, revenue related disclosures and ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Other responsibilities include coordinating projects, product implementations, and system enhancements directly impacting revenue
- Provide support to Deal Strategy, Legal and Order Management teams on deal structure and guidance on the contractual terms for revenue compliance and optimization
- Engage with the external audit team to support the quarterly review and annual audit activities including the preparation and review of audit PBC’s
- Coaching your team to support their growth and professional development
What You Bring:
- 8+ years of revenue accounting experience, with experience at both public and private companies
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP and ASC 606 principles in a SaaS or Software focused industry
- Highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Experience supporting Deals Desk, Legal and/or Sales team during the deal negotiations for revenue compliance
- Maintains a high sense of accountability for self and team
- Demonstrates exceptional communication, collaboration and coordination skills
- Exhibits the ability to manage multiple priorities by identifying and engaging appropriate resources to deliver under given time constraints and deadlines
- Proven ability to develop and inspire a team by empowering decision-making at lower levels, offering frequent opportunities to develop, and encouraging upward feedback
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce
- Strong unquestionable ethics and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive data
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other quantitative major
- Experience working effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly proficient in Excel
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth environment
- Positive, get-it-done attitude and agile approach to problem solving
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship