Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Revenue Cycle Business Analyst at Optum is responsible for understanding all aspects of client performance through deep analytic investigation and modelling. Working closely with the Optum Client Executive (CE) and Optum Operational Leadership, the RC Business Analyst helps guide operational practices to maximize performance against KPIs and Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets.
The Revenue Cycle Business Analyst is accountable for acute and/or ambulatory Client Executive in support of Client Leadership (C suite) and Optum Operations Leadership. In this capacity, the RC Business Analyst provides updates on operational status and progress against KPIs and SLAs and escalates issues as appropriate to client executives and Optum Operations Leadership.
The Revenue Cycle Business Analyst is assigned, (depending upon size, can be fully dedicated) to a specific client and maintains a high-level of autonomy and self-sufficiency. Communication is critically important, as such; RC Business Analysts hold regular meetings with Optum Operational Leadership and provide performance overviews, root cause analysis, trending analysis and assists with bridge plans and project tracking as needed.
The Revenue Cycle Business Analyst is an experienced analyst with deep understanding analytic techniques and data visualization. As part of the Optum commitment to communication, the RC Business Analyst provides standard and custom reports that reflect trends and overall state of client operations to the CEs and Optum Operational Leadership, to be shared with Client Leadership (C suite). RC Business Analysts work in partnership with the CEs and Optum Operational Leadership to review, interpret, summarize and share vital data with the client's executives on a regular basis.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
* Major Duties
* Function as a subject matter expert with respect to data availability and standard reporting packages for assign client(s)
* Synthesize large amounts of data from disparate sources into cohesive analyses, and effectively communicate results
* Proactively, understand, monitor, and report trends in client critical business metrics including KPIs, SLA's and other standard revenue cycle metrics and benchmarks
* Act as a client advocate to assess, address and resolve client concerns in collaboration with Optum operational owners in all revenue cycle areas
* Maintain a regular meeting cadence with appropriate Optum operational leaders, the client's executives and Optum CEs. Duties include but are not limited to meeting schedule, attendee list (both client and Optum), preparation, execution and follow-up. Meetings include but are not limited to JOC, Steering Committee and other client specific meetings as needed
* Ensure routine reports are shared with Optum CEs and distributed to client executives
* Understand annual client business plans detailing the client's goals and objectives and ensure delivery of Revenue Cycle products and services in alignment with goals and objectives
* Understand payer dynamics and collaborate with Operations, focusing upon the challenges that exist or effect efficient resolution of Accounts Receivable (e.g., Denials, Clinical Appeals)
* Leverage Optum resources (e.g., Operations Teams, CEs, Product, Market Solutions, Payer-Provider Collaboration Team, Optimal Practice) to meet client business challenges
* As a member of the Operations Team, participating and contributing to Revenue Cycle delivery planning and execution, management of associated financials, development and management of resource, cost and staffing models
* Proactively managing and communicating current operational results and transformation projects status to client operational partners, Optum CEs and client executives, as appropriate
* Maintain regular meetings with client operational partners, Optum CEs and client executives to review performance
* Monitor all revenue cycle operations through management report creating, delivery and interpretation, with communication to applicable operations leaders and client delivery teams
* Drive NPS improvement thorough a deep understanding of the NPS score driver for that specific client and ensuring remediation plans are in place where necessary
* Increase client satisfaction, streamlining workflows and/or reduce internal expense
* Coordinate with CEs and Optum Operations teams to prepare and execute detailed performance recovery plans for clients KPIs, SLAs and other critical operational metrics
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* 8+ years of operational analytic experience (examples could include understanding improving process flows, analytics, creating KPI's)
* Experience with various statistical analysis techniques, including but not limited to regression analysis and covariant analysis
* Experience using project management skills to effectively manage large, complex projects
* Experience working with multiple levels of leadership in a matrixed environment
* Highly self-motivated and self-directed individual with operational research and analytics experience
* Expertise in telling stories with data in a way that non-technical individuals can understand
* Travel: 0-20% travel depending on market and facility locations
* Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced degree (i.e., MS or MBA)
* Six sigma green belt certification or higher
* Familiarity and/or experience with six sigma methodologies
* Reporting systems such as Tableau, Power BI
* Familiarity with acute and/or ambulatory health care revenue cycle operations
* Ability to manage and execute complex analyses with minimal supervision/management
* Ability to work with peer group to manage through conflict resolution
* Ability to effectively operate and deliver results in a matrix operations structure
* Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Revenue Cycle Ops Business Analyst, O360, Operations, Analytics, Business Analysis, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote