Grafana is looking for a detail-oriented and enthusiastic self-starter to join our Finance Team as a Revenue Accounting Manager! Reporting to our Revenue Accounting Senior Manager, this is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and play a critical role in our accounting and financial operations.
We’re scaling quickly and this role is perfect for someone who enjoys looking for opportunities to advance their skills in a fulfilling environment. The candidate should expect to leverage current skill sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the current processes.
- Review revenue contracts, modifications, and terminations to ensure revenue is recorded accurately and timely in accordance with ASC 606 requirements.
- Research accounting guidance and document Company’s position on various revenue transactions.
- Perform monthly revenue close activities, including journal entries, reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Create efficiencies in accounting processes by implementing technology solutions and automation to streamline revenue close cycles.
- Provide guidance and support to cross functional teams during contract negotiations to ensure revenue recognition aligns with company policies and accounting standards.
- Develop and implement controls to mitigate risks and ensure accurate revenue recognition.
- Coordinate with external auditors to facilitate revenue-related audits and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in revenue accounting and operations at some combination of public companies, late-stage startups, and public accounting firms.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work independently.
- Extensive analytical skills and comfort with managing data in Excel and/or data visualization tools.
- Solid understanding of internal controls and experience implementing or improving control processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and mentor
In the United States, the base compensation range for this role is $105,000 - $126,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.