Sales - SalesOur Business
For over 100 years, Prudential's diverse and talented employees have been committed to helping customers and their families grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products andservices.We are known for delivering on our promises and are recognized as a trusted brand and one of the world's most admired companies.The Role
This position is responsible for managing a team of Retirement Counselors (representatives) who are accountable for achieving service and asset gathering/retention targets within a call center environment in Prudential Retirement. The incumbent will execute on growth and service strategies and monitor individual representative and team results against plan with a core focus on acting in the best interest of clients.
The incumbent will focus on coaching representatives on techniques that provide individuals/clients world class service, education, and advice. Works closely with Client Services and other key business partners to identify the best opportunities to increase growth in overall opportunities for asset gathering, asset retention and persistency of our books of business. Successful candidate will display strong knowledge of the individual retirement marketplace, retirement plan structures and individual retirement products/services including Mutual Funds, ETFs, Managed Accounts, Stable Value Products, and Annuities.Responsibilities:
- Manages Retirement Counseling team across multiple sites within Prudential Retirement.
- Accountable for achieving growth targets, close ratios, and service standard/service level objectives.
- Manages the team to achieve results, in a call center environment, through strong talent development, performance management, and clear objectives with a core focus on always acting in the best interest of clients.
- Coaches representatives on service approach, pipeline/growth strategies, both through inbound and outbound calls
- Conducts team training to maximize results and manages performance using pipeline metrics, service level reporting and ongoing review of opportunities.
- Works closely with Client Services and Full Service Operations teams to develop the most efficient end-to-end service and business development.
- Develops and drives processes that create the best in class participant experiences.
- Supports the overall strategic focus of Prudential Retirement's Full Service Solutions/Individual Segment Solutions business lines and Prudential Financials' broader strategies.
- Represent Prudential Retirement at client and intermediary site visit meetings showcasing the value proposition of the Individual Segment Solutions business unit.
- Ensures that all FINRA, SEC, and state insurance regulatory compliance requirements are met by team members.
- Works closely with all client facing team in Prudential Retirement to identify best practices and to create capacity coverage during times of peak volumes.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 (Series 7 preferred) and 63 or 66 required,
- FINRA Series 24 or 26 obtained within 120 days of hire; state insurance licenses required (currently registered Series 24 strongly preferred)
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in the financial services industry, with a focus on individual retirement consulting
- Experience within a sales environment and strong consultative skills
- Successful background coaching representatives to drive consistent achievement of objectives and goals
- Excellent understanding of defined contribution plans and in-plan investment options; strong understanding of individual retirement products and services
- Extensive understanding of the retirement saving behaviors of participants
- Strong support/operational process orientation
- Excellent collaboration across business units to drive a better participant experience and drive outcomes; partners with support areas to create an optimal client experience
- Strong talent management mindset with demonstrated ability to execute performance management processes
- Strong financial aptitude with a thorough understanding of business profitability levers, investment products and services
- Superior communication skills (oral, written, and formal presentation)
Prudential is required by Colorado law to include the salary range for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. Salary range specific to Colorado: $92,600-$125, 00 + discretionary incentive bonus + benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call , prompt 4 or email .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.