Remote Retail Underwriter
This Jobot Job is hosted by Brett Tolmie
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.A Bit About Us
Our client is a very well-established and one of the oldest and locally owned banks in the Bay Area. They were founded over 50 years ago and they offer a wide range of services including personal and business banking, SBA, construction, multifamily, lines of credit and commercial loans. They also handle trust services, estate planning, retirement planning and wealth management.
With over 20 branches and 800+ employees, they continue to grow their business. Aside from generous compensation and benefits packages, they also offer tremendous stability and growth potential.
Currently, they are looking to add an additional Underwriter to the team who will be responsible for reviewing, conditioning, analyzing and issuing decisions on mortgage loans originated from the Retail Channel. The Underwriter determines and assesses borrower's creditworthiness and risk with sound analytics supported by file documentation .
Why join us?
- Various Recognition Programs including Monetary Spot Bonuses
- Up to $5000 Tuition Reimbursement for continued education
- 10 Paid Bank Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- An ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) = Retirement Money
- 401K Plan with an employer match
Currently they are looking for an Underwriter with retail experience who will be responsible for reviewing, conditioning, analyzing and issuing decisions on mortgage loans originated from the Retail Channel.Responsibilities
- Meeting or exceeding daily production quotas
- Verifying accuracy and completeness of loan files
- Work with various departments to address, resolve, and improve file quality
- Ordering the appropriate services (i.e. appraisal, flood) for the loan file per Bank policy
- Navigating and updating the information in the Lending Operating System
- Facilitating customer-centric behaviors and a superior customer experience for both internal and external customers
- Keeping apprised of changes in Investor, Regulatory and Bank guidelines; integrating changes into daily processes
- Demonstrating time management skills for pipeline management and reviewing loan files within established service level agreements
- Conditioning for documentation on loan files; review received documentation, and sign off conditions when appropriate documentation is received
- Underwriting Condo Projects and issue necessary warranty
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and develop solutions
- Analyzing and calculating income based on documentation provided. Income types
include but are not limited to self-employed, rental, salaried, bonus,overtime, commission, social security income, Pension income, IRA income.
- Understanding and applying Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- Review QC findings and trends. Identify opportunities for improvement and take necessary steps
- 3+ years of underwriting in a residential mortgage environment
- Working knowledge with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agency guidelines and regulatory updates
- Must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau loan originator qualification requirements
- High School diploma or GED required; some college preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle competing priorities effectively and within established timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.