Open to Remote
The Retail Systems Data Analyst is responsible for Point-of-sale (POS) data and systems conversions providing consistent ordering capabilities for new customers. This role works with multiple stakeholders to ensure tasks, issues, and milestones are tracked/resolved and completed. The analyst provides data analysis and reporting for the Retail Team.
Responsibilities: (May perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned).
1. Provides store conversion analysis for item matching and Retail POS system conversions (e.g., responsible for gathering, cleansing, and analyzing conversion data files, troubleshooting data issues, etc.).
2. Coordinates and manages communications with multiple stakeholders (e.g., Sales, Customers, IT and POS vendors).
3. Administers the POS integration process. Ensures all conversion tasks/milestones are monitored and implemented in a timely and efficient manner for consistent ordering of products.
4. Assists in the development, quality assurance testing and data analysis of the company's internal item matching tools and applications for new enhancements development and troubleshooting support as needed.
5. Leverages multiple data sources and large data sets to develop and support standard and ad-hoc reporting (e.g., new business/share of wallet/retention analysis).
6. Helps document current and future states using process and cross-functional flow diagrams.
7. Updates and maintains POS vendor information.
8. Provides supporting materials to understand root cause analysis, drive continuous improvement and streamline procedures.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years of experience, preferably in IT, Data Analysis and/or Retail Support.
• Proficient in Excel, Access, SQL
• Understanding of Database management, Alteryx (preferable), Business intelligence tools (e.g., Power BI, Cube, Business Objects), and CRM.
• Retail POS systems experience preferred (e.g., Epicor, Rocksolid)
• Experience with project management, workflows, and prioritization
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Licenses & Certifications: N/A
Physical Requirements (Delete those that do not apply and only keep those that apply to the role)
• Balancing, Climbing, Crouching, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Typing, Visual Acuity, Walking
Work Environment: Generally, works in climate-controlled office environment.
Travel: Travel may vary in length and duration.