Indiana Packers-Retail Sales Manager - Remote
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We have additional processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members' contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture. Are you ready to run with "The Pack"?
Key Priorities of Successful Candidate in First 12 Months:
Develop and begin implementation of a retail specific fresh pork growth plan. One focused on existing business margin enhancement and new business growth. This plan should have considerations for both regional and national retailers and wholesalers alike. Focused on accounts that best fit IPC's current strategic profile and operating capacities, while also setting up for future, strategic development.
Reports to the Director of Field Sales- Fresh
- Collaborate with sales management to establish and execute Retail focused sales targets and performance metrics.
- Expand our current retail customer network through relationships with strategically targeted store chains utilizing both current and new distribution channels.
- Manage assigned sales territory/customer base to maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed company-set goals.
- Develop specific plans to maintain and enhance relationships with new and existing retail customers, both wholesalers and direct-to-corporate accounts.
- Forecasting annual, quarterly, and monthly sales goals
- Seek out and target new sales opportunities by creating and initiating action plans to secure business.
- Gather retail specific sales information and formulate recommendations for strategic planning.
- Manages fresh sales retail sales strategy, forecasting, customer promotions, and product introduction.
- Analyze sales data and additional market information to identify customer needs, trends, and potential opportunities
- Communicate cross-functionally with other IPC teams, including Marketing, Finance, and Operations to provide competitive information as well as field-based recommendations for future products, margin improvements and initiatives.
- Managing and/or developing a network of existing or new Brokers as it pertains to our fresh retail business.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Ag economics or related field or 10+ years equivalent knowledge and experience required.
- Master's in business, animal science or economics preferred.
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in Retail CPG sales, preferably fresh protein.
- In-depth knowledge of Retail and CPG channels
- Strong history of direct customer relationship management. Both with wholesalers, either regionally or nationally, and corporate retailers.
- Proven track record of building retail specific programs, acquiring new business, and facilitating growth in existing business.
- History of effectively leading and directing a broker network.
- Sales Functions:
- Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the current business unit.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, diverse tools, tactics, and techniques to persuade a customer to take desired actions.
- Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques, and theory behind selling the organization's goods & services.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize past customer relationships, profiles, and information.
- Knowledge of specific pork products and associated development process and strategies.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strong work ethic with partiality for action
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated & goal oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task & prioritize
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and business analytic tools
- Excellent organizational skills
EOE including disability and veteran
Must be able to pass E Verify
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt