Alphanumeric is hiring an Information Security Analyst to work remotely within a 3-hour commute to Lynchburg, VA.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Successful candidate will be primarily responsible for managing our Network Access Control (NAC), remote access VPN, authentication services platform (e.g. Radius, TACACS+), wireless Intrusion Detection System, and firewall environments.
- In addition, secondary responsibilities may include working with other infrastructure security technologies such as proxy servers (http/https), malware detection, DLP, and interfacing with 3rd party monitoring providers to ensure alerts are accurate, useful and meet corporate requirements.
- Successful Candidate will be expected to plan, execute and maintain large, globally implemented projects and to be effective in providing results across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Candidate must possess the desire to work with and support multiple technologies in a fast-paced environment and possess the ability to mentor and share knowledge with other team members; must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and be able to produce and maintain technical documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or 5+ years of network security experience
- Certification(s) Desired: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) CCSP, CCNA, CCNP Security, SANS GIAC, or equivalent demonstrable experience will be considered
- Foundational knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and strong troubleshooting skills
- 2+ years of direct experience supporting, engineering or operational support of two or more of the following technologies:Forescout CounterAct, Cisco ISE, Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco Umbrella, Palo Alto Firewalls
- Self-starter who can work independently and possesses the ability to solve complex issues
- Experience architecting, building, and operating network security infrastructure (e.g. firewalls, VPNs, NAC)
- Ability to work with packet captures and one or more related tools
- Knowledge of Cisco hardware platforms, Cisco IOS, and NX-OS software experience
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain
- provided by Dice