Our international Consulting client is in search of a Remote SW Engineer - Java Backend to add to their team in a long-term contract capacity. A successful applicant for this position will be joining a global team of engineers building a high performance, highly available micro-services based Java framework. They will be designing and implementing solutions to distribute large amounts of highly dynamic streaming data to many (100 of thousands) end users via public and private API.What You Bring To The Table
You Get Extra Credit For
- 5+ years of experience as a Java backend engineer.
- Experience with Java 11+ is required. Candidates must show mastery in important classes/packages in the JDK especially but not limited to Java Collections and Concurrency.
- Hands-on familiarity with popular Java Frameworks such as Spring/Micronaut; Familiarity with testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, Powemock is a must.
- Good knowledge of API development and API gateways.
- Experience with RESTful and websocket designs and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of TDD and BDD development approaches, able to write thorough unit-test cases
- Computer Science or related degree with 5+ years of experience, preferably in an environment where latency and speed are factors (e.g., finance)
- Good hands on git (github), Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, Confluence,
- Good understanding of messaging technologies such as Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Solace, etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD practices.
What We Have To Offer
- Familiarity with Typescript.
- Familiarity with blockchain technologies.
- Familiarity with GCP.
- Financial services experience.
- GraphQL experience
- Work from the comfort of your home
- Strong benefits package
- Strong growth potential