About PaperWorks Industries
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work©, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks' products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance. Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
OVERVIEW: The Structural Designer
will work as part of our North American Packaging Development and Support Services group to deliver innovative packaging design solutions to our clients. This person will collaborate on ideation, develop concepts and prototypes, consult with our clients and manufacturing teams to validate, and optimize production-ready CAD structures.This is a HOME BASED/ REMOTE position. Home office equipment must include phone, computer or laptop with internet access and ability to fax or scan as needed. East coast out of state candidates welcome to apply.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design folding cartons using Esko Artios Enterprise CAD software
- Develop design concepts, prototype on a CAD table and in 3D virtual format, test, validate, and implement
- Investigate and maintain knowledge of packaging trends in the key product categories we serve.
- Deliver optimized designs and layouts to Estimating and Manufacturing teams
- Provide design consultation and troubleshooting support to internal and external clients
- Prepare and deliver design presentations
- Conduct packaging audits to identify and recommend portfolio efficiencies
- Maintain a high standard of workmanship at all times
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of folding carton converting required
- Knowledge of paperboard substrates and their application to design criteria required
- Proficiency with software such as Artios CAD, CAPES, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Illustrator required
- Strong knowledge of folding carton structure and design, and the paperboard and converting industry required
- Basic understandings of all aspects of folding carton converting including printing, graphics, die cutting, gluing and tooling required
- Strong communication skills, which will allow you to communicate with individuals at all levels of the company
- Ability to multi-task and manage your workload independently
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for quality
- Ability to spend long periods of time in front a computer monitor
- Sitting and typing for extended periods of time
- Requires managing complaints and emergencies
- Maintain interpersonal interactions
- Requires speed and ability to interpret data
- High level of focus with a high level of attention to detail
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.