Staff Accountant-Remote or Hybrid in Austin, Texas
Our client is venture-backed and headquartered in Austin. Our client currently has 120 employees and is growing rapidly and promotes a people-first culture. The team has decades of experience, acquisitions and exits under their belts, and they are looking for the next team member that meets both their core values and can add their skillset to their melting pot of diversity. Each employee has a personal, measurable impact on the success of the company, and ideas are welcomed from everyone.
What will the Staff Accountant do?
We're looking for a Staff Accountant who is responsible for daily transaction entry, including accounts payable, bank transactions, and payroll, as well as assistance with month end close. The position is responsible for timely and accurate transaction coding to the general ledger. This position is key to producing accurate financial information needed by the company to effectively manage the business and meet reporting obligations.
- Monthly Financial Close. Assist with preparation of month end journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, including bank, prepaid, fixed asset, and accrual accounts.
- Accounts Payable. Onboard new vendors and gather necessary documents, such as W9s. Ensure bills are entered timely and accurately into the general ledger.
- Bank Transactions. Own the daily management of bank entries, including timely and accurate coding to the general ledger.
- Payroll Entry. Process bi-monthly and off-cycle payrolls.
- Problem Solving. Facilitate solving issues encountered with the above duties by collaborating with other departments and individuals.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of operational accounting experience with a solid knowledge of US GAAP.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft and/or Google software, specifically Excel and/or Sheets.
- Experience with Quickbooks & or com parable AP system needed
- Experience with Rippling or comparable payroll system a plus.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Positive attitude, flexible and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Collaborative, team-oriented attitude; willing to pitch in wherever needed to assist the team.
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization with minimal supervision required.
Perks of the Staff Accountant role:
- A key role in the growth of a company with a meaningful mission
- Remote or hybrid in Austin if preferred
- Competitive compensation package
- 401K plan
- Medical, vision, dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
Accountant Accountant Accountant Accountant Accountant Accountant Accountant