Sr Technical Write/Documentation Specialist w/SharePoint Expertise
- Technical Writer/Documentation Specialist with advanced SharePoint experience to help create, update, and clean up the various documentation repositories for this specific platform within IT, across multiple SharePoint sites.
- This platform is responsible for content creation, storage, and retrieval of our customer related forms & other documents. Many procedural and best practices documentation that has become outdated over time.
- Looking to undertake an effort to update, enhance, and create new documentation as well as modernize our SharePoint repositories that contain this information.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Updating of existing department documentation
- Recommend documentation standards, requirements, and organization of process and technical documents
- Guide and co-ordinate the development of process documentation and technical documentation
- Review draft documentation for conformance with established standards and, when necessary, recommend changes
- Interview team resources to understand their processes and then translate these interviews into effective, easy to understand documents
- Create process diagrams and maintain changes as needed
- Evaluate and enhance/create SharePoint repositories and modernize existing repositories where needed
- Expertise in the preparation of process flow diagrams and of flowcharting tools, such as Microsoft Visio
- Experience in documentation preparation and user training
- Sound knowledge of computer productivity applications especially word processing programs
- Strong critical-thinking skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Strong SharePoint skills
- Prior experience in the insurance industry would be preferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education and/or experiences listed below are the minimum requirements for job entry.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an IT or Business related discipline (e.g., MIS, Computer Science, Business Management)
- Four years of related work experience in creating, testing, configuring, updating, manipulating, and/or scripting technical tools or applications including providing analysis support or maintenance of an application or technical tool
- Two years' experience using software packages or tools for processing and/or extracting data
- Two years' experience providing expertise in application back-end processing and user interface.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, a minimum of six years of related work experience in technical tool administration experience creating, testing, configuring, updating, manipulating, and/or scripting technical tools or applications including providing analysis support or maintenance of an application or technical tool; a minimum of two years experience using software packages or tools for processing and/or extracting data; and a minimum of two experience providing expertise in application back-end processing and user interface.
- provided by Dice