A TEKsystems client has a complex web-based hosted platform that incorporates route optimization, vehicle and passenger management, and real-time business intelligence that is built on a Java backend with a PHP front end. Their latest release is converting the PHP frontend to Ruby-on-Rails. The ideal candidate is a Full Stack Software Engineer who will be able to work with international teams (Finland), one who is self-directed and a quick learner, who can be productive with minimum to no supervision. The candidate should be able to:
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the overall architecture of the platform with excellent knowledge of back-end and front-end programming languages such as Java, Ruby, PHP, and Ruby on Rails
• Take part in software and architectural development discussions and provide candid feedback grounded in best practices and experience.
• Work with the product team and development colleagues to translate requirements into features and functionality using Agile development methodologies.
• Implement a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application using various techniques including RESTful web services.
• Optimize the application for speed, availability, and scalability using Amazon Web Service native tools and products.
• Implement fundamental design principles to build a scalable web application, including security and data protection, data migration, transformation, and scripting.
• Translate UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
• Focus on overall product quality and user experience.
• Write and maintain documentation for the software functionality.
• Serve as a mentor to junior developers.The ideal candidate is:
• 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining complex software, with 2+ years in a Team Lead role
• A self-driven, high achieving independent learner who can excel with minimal guidance
• One who takes the initiative and is responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
• A positive person who seeks to participate in collaborative and diverse culture.
• A problem solver with a "Can Do" attitude
• Comfortable working in a remote working environment
• Comfortable with starting work early morning US times (such as 6am EST) to be able to work overlap hours with the tech team in Finland.
• Not a believer in "meetings with my team members are a waste of time" but sees such events as an opportunity to exchange information and learn.
• A strong team player and who is not afraid to challenge colleagues with better solutions to a problem.
• Willing to adopt new practices and processes and can serve as an evangelist in times of transformation.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is required.
• Excellent proficiency in Java (backend) and Ruby-on-Rails (frontend).
• Strong Proficiency in PHP is strongly recommended
• Experience with AWS is strongly recommended
• Strong knowledge and previous experience with Scrum principles.
• Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, systems/security software development.
• Automation testing experience and test-driven development is strongly recommendedSkills:
Ruby on Rails
PHPAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
Must be a self starter, efficient at working remotes, as all will be remote.About TEKsystems:
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. - provided by Dice