PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Assist the Manager Payroll Compliance & Reporting in ensuring that the Payroll Operations function remains compliant in all aspects of federal, state and local regulations for all payroll payments issued to over 58,000 North America U.S. employees. Represent Payroll by working with Business Operations on acquisition and divestiture activity. Respond to internal and external data information requests. Prepare the monopolistic state Workers Compensation policy reporting. Assist the Manager in ensuring the Kronos Time & Attendance application is properly set-up, maintained and tested.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in ensuring that the function is compliant with all federal, state and local regulations including wage and hour laws. Assist in ensuring that current procedures are consistent and compliant with Company policy.
* Conduct regular review of the reference materials that are provided to the Payroll team pertaining to wage payment compliance such as, but not limited to, final wage payment requirements by state
* Conduct periodic reviews of Kronos payrule and data access profile assignments
* Perform testing for new Kronos pay rules and changes to existing pay rules
* Assist with changes or enhancements of the Kronos application and/or other compliance related matters
* Participate in meetings with Business Operations to coordinate tasks for acquisitions and divestures to ensure smooth transitions
* Assist Corporate Accounting in researching and resolving payroll bank account reconciliation items
* Complete monopolistic State Workers Compensation reporting and ensure premium payments are made timely so that there is no lapse in insurance coverage
* Respond to internal and external data information requests
* High level of interaction with all Payroll Operations team members, and will also work with personnel in other administrative functions including, but not limited to, IT, Accounting, Human Resources, Legal and Field Managers. In addition, work with outside vendors and agencies as needed.
* Coordinate the payment of stock option proceeds and conduct regular audits to ensure accuracy
* Ensure that all inpatriate and expatriate activity is processed timely in PeopleSoft so that accurate W-2's are produced
* Coordinate the additions to taxable income activity: Relocation reimbursements, corporate paid rent, personal use of company autos and taxable gifts
* Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations
* Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor
* Other duties as assigned
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree Preferred
* Certified Payroll Professional Certification is a plus
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* 5 - 8 years related experience; experience with PeopleSoft and Kronos applications preferred
* Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
* Self-starter capable of performing daily responsibilities with little guidance or instruction
* Exceptional technical systems aptitude, including Microsoft Office applications
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.