REMOTE: Sr. BSA/QA w/Finance/Accounting experience available to work MST, CST, and EST work schedule.Project Team: Corporate FinanceRole:
As a business systems analyst, you will be responsible for...
- Leading and assisting on system application process improvements and system enhancements.
- Provide primarily support our business customers in the Corporate Finance area on both Corporate Platform and Enterprise-wide project initiatives (e.g., Move to Gregorian Calendar, Statistical Reporting Modernization, Mergers & Acquisitions).
- Will serve as a technical and functional resource while working closely with the business and IT.
- Identifies stakeholders, business problems, business objectives related to system issues and projects while accounting for the impact across other business functions and systems.
- Analyzes and uses data to recommend business systems solutions.
- Participates in design review sessions ensuring compliance to requirements, system standards and usability.
- Conducts meetings with customer groups and/or IT, including senior management, to present findings and recommendations and influences decisions on proposed ideas.
- Conducts, coordinates and/or participates in the design, development and delivery of the training related to assigned projects.
- Conducts and/or coordinates communications efforts as it relates to projects to include status, timeline, scope changes, risks and issues, rollouts, etc.
- Creates business requirements and evaluates technical solutions by discussing business needs with end users, managers, and project teams.
- May work with IT to determine technical requirements.
- Provides system design recommendations as it relates to business requirements.
- Consults with end users to surface essential requirements information. Solicits ideas for system solutions from end users and key business contact to get feedback on best design.
- Conducts fit gap analysis and/or comparative analysis to aid in the creation of business requirements.
- Experience implementing or supporting system interfaces, user functionality, and various system environments including Software as a Service (SaaS) applications
- Experience as a business planner/project manager gathering technical requirements, process mapping, coordinating testing, and ensuring all deliverables stay on time, on target and on budget
- Strong ability to digest detailed information and apply critical thinking skills to creating business requirements
- Strong ability to generate options and facilitate decisions across business and IT partners plus experience documenting business processes and system solutions
- Knowledge of, or desire and aptitude to learn, Finance, Accounting and/or Data Analytics/Data Warehouses
- Experience executing all testing facets, including integration, system, functional and model testing
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Experience with SDLC or Agile project methodology.
- Experience utilizing LEAN methodology to improve processes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree or higher in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study and minimum 4 years of related work experience in requirements gathering activities.
-In lieu of the above, a high school diploma or GED or higher, the completion of a technical training program, and a minimum of 4 years related work experience in requirements gathering activities.
-In lieu of the above, a high school diploma or GED or higher and a minimum of 6 years related work experience in requirements gathering activities.