100% Remote W2 Only with benefits. (Sorry no sponsorship)
The SQL Data Manager, Data Warehouse participates in the design, development, implementation, review, and monitoring of all analytical database environments. The Manager works closely with the software development team, the OLTP team, and the QA team to ensure that each has the environments needed to run efficiently and effectively and to provide guidelines and recommendations on best practices in the field.
The candidate will manage and enhance the data warehousing environment and to take it through the future iterations. In carrying out the key priorities of the role, they will contribute;
- Proactivity in driving excellence, innovation and team performance through a progressive people and project management approach that includes;
- Managing and monitoring individual and team progress towards delivery and embedding a culture of ongoing feedback and knowledge sharing.
- Collaboration with colleagues and advising senior management on opportunities to improve such as implementing new processes and emerging technologies.
- Building capacity within and across the team through a strong focus and support of data engineering learning and development activities.
- Database architecture and design of data warehouse subject areas and OLAP cubes.
- Hands on SQL development and support of current ETL processes, sharing in responsibilities for monitoring the data warehouse loading process.
- Troubleshooting and resolve of data issues in production systems.
- Communication and collaboration with business users and project managers to resolve business problems and create solutions.
- Application of technical experience to suggest better solutions to new and existing problems.
- Involvement with other IT departments providing systems communication processes.
- Identification of software solutions needed for new projects.
- Weekly reporting to management on project status and issues.
- Design, development, and implementation of ETL jobs based on business requirements.
- Creation and implementation og new environments based on the needs of the business.
- Design and implementation of data systems integration.
- Support to the Director of Data Services through preparation of reports, emails, and correspondence.
• 7+ years of experience in;
• data warehousing / OLAP experience,
• multidimensional database architecture and design experience
• Demonstrable skills and experience in;
• formal systems life cycle methodology.
• Tableau, big data and Realtime BI.
• In-depth knowledge of ETL methodologies
• Experience of working at a senior level., contributing to a management team and leading and managing a team of engineers toward growth and success.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent.