Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Remote Software DeveloperJob Code: R122668Job Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
* Integration phase to be onsite, otherwise remote position. Space Ground System Solutions (SGSS) has a full-time opening for a Software Engineer. Our focus is to provide our customers with practical, state of the art solutions to complex communications, command, control and intelligence applications. We're looking for someone to design, implement, test and validate software used to command and control satellites (C2) and payloads on orbit. The position can be based out of our Alexandria, VA or Colorado Springs, CO Offices; 90% remote except for integration phase. Through collaboration, you can turn good ideas into great outcomes You believe that it often takes a variety of viewpoints to reach more informed outcomes. You're energized by open dialogue and collaborative brainstorming. We encourage collaborations, with the understanding that different perspectives can lead to exciting outcomes for all. Let's talk about how we can work together. General Experience: Five (5+), or more, years of software engineering/development experience, knowledge of C/C++ or other programming languages and computer science principles.
Responsibilities - Essential Functions:
* Develop software using C/C++ in a RHEL Linux environment. * Design and implement software for large-scale command and control systems. * Troubleshoot and report software anomalies. * Apply agile development practices and techniques to adapt rapidly to changing requirements and schedules.
Required Skills/Abilities - Competencies:
* Proficiency developing and testing software in a Linux environment. * Proficiency with programming languages: C/ C++. Working together works! Join our collaborations It's exciting to work together towards a shared vision. Collaborations fit naturally into our workflow, allowing us to tap into each other's imaginations and expertise. The diversity of our workforce brings scope to our thinking and strengthens the solidarity that makes us one inclusive team.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Experience with programming languages such as Java and Go * Experience using Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). * Experience writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, python, PERL, etc.) * Experience using software configuration management tools (examples: git, BitBucket, Jira, etc.) * Experience with microservices architecture. * Experience with container technologies.(Kubernetes/Docker/Podman). * Familiarity with web technologies (examples: HTML, CSS, React, REST, JSON, WildFly, etc.)
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other relevant Engineering field from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
Security Clearance Requirements:
* Must be a US Citizen. * Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining a DoD Secret clearance. * Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information. Organizations win or lose based on customers' experiences. Join a winner! We aim for more than customers - we want loyal advocates. Moreover, we throw ourselves into achieving that goal by giving people more than they expect. We're a driven bunch, but we love doing it, and our customers can tell that we do. Our diverse staff is empowered to shape their futures and ours in a welcoming environment filled with opportunity. Join us. Parsons is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit . Anticipated compensation (median) for this position: $140,000 annually. However, Parsons Government Services - Space Ground System Solutions (SGSS) considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, clearance level, education/training, and key skills. Parsons offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including retirement brokerage account, 401(k) plan, vacation, holiday, and sick leave, educational assistance, major medical and dental for employees and their dependents, life Insurance as well as short/long term disability insurance. #CJ
We harness the power of innovation so that you can change the world and help our customers solve their most complex challengesThe anticipated annualized full time target compensation (median) for this position is: $125,000.00.Benefits for this position include: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K.Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.