The Shipping and Receiving Clerk I verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards. Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Responsible for unloading and loading of courier, LTL, flat-bed trucks, & monitoring shipping dock.
- Accountable for FOD awareness & safety hazards in cell and dock areas
- Organizing crate inventory to ensure proper identification of Able and Customer property
- Ensure all customer jobs/ parts are processed efficiently, shipping & receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and on time
- Control all outgoing & incoming products and order accuracy to meet the daily business needs in accordance with our affiliate/customer requirements
- Coordinate distribution of received items, LTL shipments, and daily shipments
- Prepare shipping documents for domestic and International shipments
- Ship jobs via UPS and FED-X, DHL, BDP International and other smaller carriers, including International forwarding agents
- Sort and organization of crates and reusable containers
- Effectively coordinate with shop floor for part movement and flow of parts either incoming or shipping out.
- Managing Import / Export documents