If you are a Remote Senior UI Engineer with experience, please read on!
We are a leading web development and strategy agency that emphasizes great user experiences and simple content management.
Our secret to making first class websites is simple: create great user experiences for everyone from the website's audience, to the content managers and code contributors behind the scenes. We believe that content management -- the process of keeping your website fresh and up to date -- shouldn't require any more expertise than word processing. We strive to make content management more than "manageable" -- we strive to make it fun.
With that mission in mind, it's no surprise that we specialize in awesome WordPress implementations. We believe WordPress is the easiest to use content management system, with a low cost of entry and unbelievable potential in the hands of the right developers.
We have built some of the most popular WordPress plug-ins on the repository, speaks at conferences around the country, writes for leading web publications like Smashing Magazine, and organizes multiple WordPress Meetups. We have been the force behind some of the most popular WordPress-powered websites on the Internet.
What You Will Be Doing
- Interpret designs and transform them into a polished rich cross-platform/device web experience.
- Write modular and performant HTML and CSS.
- Ability to make smart design decisions. Occasionally filling in gaps left by designers e.g. interpreting how a layout should be presented on small screens.
- Ability to rapidly prototype interfaces to finalize an experience in the browser as well as build long term scalable, maintainable, and performant production code.
- Visualize how a static design will be coded. Proactively flag challenging areas and offer alternatives, as well as identifying areas for greater code reuse.
- Ability to estimate work for a project and modularize goals into clearly defined, executable tasks.
- Ability to lead the front-end strategy for a project and make impactful decisions about the methodologies recommended to a client.
- Effectively collaborate with designer
What You Need for this Position
Nice To Have
- At least five years experience with UI engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field.
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS including cross-browser compatibility and performance.
- Experience using Git.
- Proven ability to transform a static comp into a website from the ground up.
- Understanding of ad implementations in a responsive environment.
- Experience in task runners and bundlers like Webpack or Gulp.
- Experience with coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- Experience with coding PHP, ideally for WordPress as a platform.
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an "always-learning" person, excited to create great web experiences.
- Experience with Sketch or Design Software.
- Advanced understanding of as implementations in a responsive environment.
- Moderate PHP experience.
- Experience with Gutenberg and building out custom blocks.
- Design experience or formal design education.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
- Experience in mentoring and leading a team.
- Experience and expertise with third party integrations and client-side APIs.
- Strong ability to communicate with client stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, about the impact of decisions around markup approach, cross-platform responsive interactions, performance, and topics like accessibility and internationalization.
- Code-based portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both (source files are helpful to get a sense of your code structure and file organization).
- Understanding of WCAG accessibility compliance. Ability to implement accessibility standards as well as audit existing websites.
What's In It for You
Email Your Resume In Word To
- Competitive base salary
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Paid time off & holidays
- Professional development stipend
- Equipment allowance
- Onsite summits
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Freedom to work from your own office
- So, if you are a Remote Senior UI Engineer with experience, please apply today!
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : NV1- -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Tim Beasley - Recruiter - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.