A Senior System Administrator
focuses on our Linux administration and installations, configures and maintains the servers and related systems required to support the O'Reilly computing environment.Essential Job Functions
- Participate or lead the development of multiple projects.
- Perform analyses of systems, hardware or software to uncover issues and solve problems.
- Conduct system demos to educate and train others in the use of the system.
- Debug and correct complex system defects.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install OS patches and resolve software related issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of related server administration experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of server administration.
- Solid understanding of multiple Linux distributions.
- Intermediate knowledge of system and hardware resource management, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Advanced system debugging and testing knowledge.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in a technology field.
- Experience in scripting and automation.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service.