At CONNECT, powered by American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our workforce, we're committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in ways never imagined.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
The position is responsible for creation and strategy roadmap of quality and release engineer team. You will be tasked to provide general leadership and technical guidance to a team of quality assurance testing analysts in the areas of testing analysis, design, test execution, and defect reporting and analysis. Lead the testing strategy throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and work with program/project managers to ensure the effectiveness of the testing efforts by understanding key program/project testing requirements and success criteria.
This is a work from home opportunity
- Major areas of accountability: Test Design ~~ Test Management ~~ Project Management ~~ Test Execution ~~ People Leadership
- Responsible for oversight and stewardship of the release management process across multiple applications.
- Manage the planning and execution of product/system testing efforts. Develop an understanding of the technology solution to develop, design, and implement the appropriate testing strategy. Manage scope change impacts. Determine appropriate process, methodology, and techniques, which includes test tools and test automation methods, to apply to each testing project.
- Effectively lead a quality assurance testing team (employee and/or vendor) in a manner that ensures effective execution of project deliverables (in terms on time, quality and budget). This includes: recruitment, performance management, salary administration, career planning, and budget management. Lead and oversee a team accountable for delivering software testing at Connect.
- Provide oversight of the end-to-end testing process to ensure adherence to testing strategies, standards, policies, tools, and procedures. Guide practitioners to consistently apply appropriate testing principles and standards during all phases of the SDLC and ensure that products meet established quality standards and customer requirements. Drive cross-organization testing issues.
- Regularly report testing progress, defect identification, and defect resolution statuses to project leadership. Educate Technology and business partners on the importance of following quality assurance testing methodologies and best practices. Ensure that all defects are documented and properly addressed.
- Work with the program/project manager to develop project plan, schedule, and resource model related to the required testing efforts. Develop detailed project work plans and monitor all testing activities throughout the project life cycle. Anticipate program/project release problems and take appropriate corrective actions, escalating, as needed, to resolve and deliver on project.
- Effectively plan, manage, and execute the testing processes to validate that all functional and non-functional requirements are met. Maintain records of all test results using the designated tool set. Review documentation as part of the testing process and make suggestions for changes or improvements where required. Actively participate in project phase end review sessions.
#LI - Remote
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
Additional Job Information:
- 3+ years experience leading a team of quality assurance testing professionals or other technology professionals.
- Experience working with a variety of test management and defect tracking tools (e.g. HP Quality Center).
- Expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Testing concepts, methodologies, processes and tools.
- Understanding and demonstrated experience working with Test Automation tools.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics (e.g. defect profiles).
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
When you work at Connect, powered by American Family Insurance you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community !