Remote Senior Front-End EngineerAbout This Role
Hello, prospective pickle! Design Pickle is looking for a versatile and passionate front-end Software Engineer,
to join us in pushing our products and technology forward. You will play a key role in building the next generation of creative products that power collaboration between Design Pickle's customers and the global network of creatives. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages, and systems and be responsible for all aspects of software development.
The ideal candidate will combine superb technical, research, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. Given our aspirational vision to be the most helpful creative platform in the world and the nature of our products, this role requires entrepreneurial drive and thinking, comfort with ambiguity, and experience building large-scale, high-performance web applications/systems for a global audience.
If you have ever wanted to make a significant contribution and help shape the trajectory of a startup, this role is for you! Reports to:
Director of Engineering On a daily basis, works closely with
Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers. Location:
Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We're a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don't stress if pickles aren't your thing. It's not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something, though, because our employees' uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values , and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day. Specific to your role, we're looking for individuals who have...
Bonus Pickle Points:
- Enthusiasm for our purpose: To be the most helpful creative company in the world.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and analytics products (e.g., Looker, Pendo, Amplitude)
- A proven track record of building highly available, scalable, and sustainable products; passionate about the products you build, how they look, how they feel, and how they perform.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - we're a remote-first company so effective communication is vital.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- An astute eye for process improvements
- Comfortable working independently and with a 10-person development team
- Proven track record of building and/or improving company culture.
- Exceptional written communication - we're a remote-first company so effective communication is vital
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS™).
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you're walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what's expected:
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks Uncapped PTO:
- Collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers, and other teams in an agile environment to ensure smooth delivery and execution of projects.
- Provide technical leadership and help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Experiment and drive a/b testing, associated metrics for success, and helping shape the experiments that will drive the business forward.
- Receive close guidance and mentorship from engineering and product leaders, as well as code reviews from peers.
- Build and improve our company culture.
Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.Major medical healthcare:
We offer major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through EmployeeNavigator. Dental and vision insurance:
We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage. Remote-work flexibility:
More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country. World-class Company Hub:
More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ....yes, we said a cold plunge. In-office gym:
Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym available for any pickles to use! New parent leave:
Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary. Paid training and personal development:
We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers. Stock option potential:
We give our tenured staff a stake in what we're building here.Life-changing massage chair
: We change lives through creativity...and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life-changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life. Pet insurance:
Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures. Team retreats, social events, and adventures:
Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative Software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019 & 2020, Inc. 5000 listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart: Friendly
We aim for Mister-Rogers-Level friendliness; every interaction comes from a place of inclusion, empathy, kindness, and respect. Smart-Working
We are resourceful, efficient, and committed to constant improvement by leveraging our time, technology, and resources. Truth
We speak from the heart, operate with integrity, and guide every decision, conversation, and action with honesty (even when no one is looking). Service
We embrace our collective responsibility to delight customers, support our teammates, and give back to the community. Tenacious
We are ambitious creators with grit by the jarful. We take ownership of our decisions and grow from our mistakes.
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website and social channels . We can't wait to meet you-thank you in advance for your application!Notice to Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
Design Pickle will not accept resumes from any source other than the candidate. Any unsolicited resume sent to Design Pickle will be considered Design Pickle sourced.