This position is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of Salesforce and other custom database and EDI applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Customize SQL-based database application solutions within the Salesforce platform to support business functions and meet project objectives and company goals.
- Manage daily support and maintenance of our Salesforce instance, SQL application and conduct long-term improvements and upgrades.
- Communicate and collaborate with project managers and user stake-holders to design intelligent and effective business solutions.
- Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects, workflows and daily data transfers.
- Work with IT team to develop business requirements, process flows, and application designs.
- Integrate Salesforce with other existing business applications.
- Write SQL queries for application-based searches and reports.
- Develop user-requested reports, dashboards, forms, views and new data fields.
- Create and update workflows as requirements change.
- Develop and maintain API code and s-controls to support custom development interfaces.
- Develop and maintain programs in the AS/400 environment using RPG.
- Assist in the migration of code, processes, business and business logic from the AS/400 environment to other platforms.
- Serve as primary point of contact for developing and prioritizing all change requests, system alterations, and customization.
- Partner with cross functional teams to produce requirements and designs for business capabilities that align to company s business and technology strategies providing guidance on Salesforce matter expertise.
- Create and maintain documentation of key project artifacts, processes and system functionality/tools.
- Own Salesforce Administration responsibilities and hands on implementation of all administration needs from beginning to end.
- Generate visualization and reports/dashboards on Salesforce to satisfy business reporting requirements.
- Monitor new Salesforce release features and functionality and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Coordinate testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services.
- Assist in the technical rollout of future enhancements.
- Other design, development and programming duties as assigned.
- Other IT related duties and responsibilities as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Applied Science, Math, Business Analytics, Project Management, Business or a related discipline or equivalent experience and certifications preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce in a solutions development and maintenance capacity.
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing and maintaining SQL-based business database application.
- Multiple Salesforce project deployments including release and environment management a big plus.
- Current Salesforce certifications ADM-201, DEV 401, DEV501 a plus and preferred.
- Proficient with SQL applications, queries and reports.
- Project Management Institute Program Management Professional (PgMP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Project Management Agile Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or equivalent project management or business analyst certification preferred.
- Experience with AS/400 iSeries and RPG a big plus.
- Experience and expertise in communicating with user stakeholders and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience designing and deploying custom developed solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
- Experience using integrated development environments (IDE).
- Experience managing deployment and understanding deployment best practices.
- Experience writing code which integrates directly with webservices.
- Experience with Data Specialist Inc. Dairy ERP (DSI) SQL-based business application a big plus.
- Experience with AS/400 iSeries and RPG a big plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Background in SDLC/Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and complex problem-solving capabilities.
- Competency in documenting business requirements.
- Comfortable being the resident in-house Salesforce expert.
About United Global Technologies:
2017 Based on our past performance with the Department of Energy (DOE), UGT was selected into the Mentor Protg program to support Stanford National Accelerator Laboratory (SLAC) in California.
2 UGT secured 400% growth over this 3-year period.
2 Inc. Magazine has named UGT to its 500/5000 list of top IT service companies in the US for six straight years.
2018 UGT has been honored as a Proven Performer in the ZeroChaos Performance Excellence Program.