MFK Recruitment is partnered with a well-established and global software company that is seeking a QA Manager to join their team.
This QA Manager role is 100% remote working from home.
Fancy joining an organisation where QA is king?
Would you like to take ownership, lead a small team, and remain hands-on? Are you ambitious and want to get actively involved in the evolution of our product suite?
If you are looking for a career move for the long term, where you can grow and develop your skills within a global team of technical excellence then please read on!
As part of the overall product delivery team, you will be among a group of very driven high achievers who are used to going the extra mile.
As the QA Manager, you will help to ensure that my client's software solutions meet the highest possible standards. You will be working within a highly skilled team, where productivity and quality are of the essence and every single member makes a valuable contribution.
QA Manager responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the quality and stability of the software releases
- Lead, support and motivate the QA team, as well as being hands-on with the testing activities
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to ensure the products meet requirements
- Plan, design, document and execute test procedures for new features and products, while constantly being aware of regression impact
- Upgrade and performance testing
- Log defects and work closely with developers to investigate, troubleshoot, and verify fixes
- Accurately evaluate the time and effort needed to perform your work
- Effectively communicate testing activities and results in oral and written formats
- Recommend improvements to the validation strategy
- Assist the support team when required to resolve escalated customer issues
- Follow company and industry best practices, and contribute to the improvement of the software testing processes
QA Manager skills & experience:
- 5 years prior experience in a QA role
- Experience in leading a small team and developing members to realise their full potential
- Knowledge and experience in functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing and browser compatibility testing
- Experience in working with relational databases
- Experienced with manual and automated testing tools,
- Analytical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisation skills
QA Manager qualities:
It is important that you enjoy hands on test execution as well as having the ability to lead the function. In addition, you are:
- Autonomous yet have the capacity to work well in a team and be able to collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
- Enjoy hands on test execution as well as leading the function
- Able to support and motivate your colleagues
- Able to work with little instruction or documentation
- Methodology agnostic, with the ability and experience to match the right approach for the given piece(s) of work.
- Able to identify ways to improve processes and procedures and maximise the team's performance
- Comfortable working in a rapidly moving, sometimes highly pressured environment
- Customer-focused with a desire to deliver the best service possible
- Able to cope with the more technical nature of some of the applications under test and tools used
- Able to maintain critical thinking while balancing multiple tasks and projects.