Responsible for maintaining all accounting for multiple seniors housing communities in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, as well as GAAP. Interact with Field personnel and ensure Investor expectations are met.
- Prepare property management financials and investor financial reporting packages on individual and/or portfolio of assets.
- Communicate with ED/BOM as necessary to complete month end close as per the closing schedule.
- Close accounts receivable monthly for all properties assigned.
- Monthly preparation of bank reconciliations for all accounts for all properties assigned.
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations on all open balance sheet accounts with backup for all amounts for all properties assigned.
- Preparation and filing of Sales Tax Returns, Personal Property Tax Returns and other governmental reporting as necessary for all properties assigned.
- Ensure that adequate financial reports are submitted to authorized government agencies, investors and others as directed.
- Prepare and assist in audit preparation and accumulation of data as directed.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Interacts professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization, residents, family members, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Level of Formal Education : Bachelors Degree
Years of Experience: 2-5 years
Type of Experience: Property Accounting or accounting for a public company with similar closing deadlines
Language Skills: English
Technical Competencies: Intermediate level proficiency with Excel
Skills and Ability:
- Accounting knowledge
- The ability to prioritize and complete multiple demands, all of which may be high priority.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and work independently.
- Possess the ability to seek out new methods and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
Information Systems: Excel required, Yardi preferred
Personal Attributes: Friendly, easy going, team player, strong work ethic
Other/Preferred: Adheres to all policies and procedures
Benefits Description: Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all employees because of our commitment to the health and safety of our residents, their family members, and all of our team members.