Xpeerant prides itself in assisting our customers to achieve "Market Window" success by identifying and placing critical resource requirements. Securing the right talent is the most critical component of any project and directly relates to the success of any business. Market opportunities wait for no one. Finding the ideal fit is what Xpeerant has done for the last 25 years!
We are currently looking for contract Program Manager - Engineering. This role is managed from Santa Clara but could be remote anywhere in the US.
• This individual will be responsible for the management of program execution and its day-to-day activities.
• This individual will work with engineering management to drive execution excellence, including key metrics - performance, schedule, cost, quality.
• This individual will work collaboratively with AMD Program Management community on continuous process improvement.
• Work is strategic in nature but hands-on work on tactical manners is definitely expected.
• Communication is critical part of this role which includes:
o Interpreting/understanding business directions
o Explaining tactical details
o Recommending solutions regarding complex program situations
• Defines, plans and drives projects and program plans based on management and senior technical guidance.
• Possesses specialized knowledge plus a broader technical knowledge in areas outside his or her area of expertise.
• Has responsibility for projects or processes of significant technical importance and for results that cross engineering project areas.
• Initiates significant changes to existing processes and methods to improve project and team efficiencies
• Experience is required in managing large, complex, interrelated projects, programs, and/or functions.
• Experience in large scale ASIC development, plus working knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines is highly desirable.
• Seeking candidates who are result-driven, disciplined, and analytical, plus with good problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, communications skills, and teamwork spirit.
• Possesses a thorough knowledge of the principles or project management and is able to apply them effectively on small to large size projects.