This is a very exciting opportunity to work with one of the world' s largest aerospace companies!
The contracts are regularly extended and direct opportunities are often available. Description:
Mid-Level Software Application Developer - 3
We are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. Embarking on a major digitalization effort to help enhance the design of its next new jetliner and upgrading its manufacturing systems. From the seabed to outer space, you' ll learn and grow while contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are currently looking for a Software Application Developer. The Model Based Engineering - 3DX PLM Software Application Developer will support the PLM 3DX Development & Systems Integration team, developing comprehensive software solutions to rapidly access and visually transform complex engineering and manufacturing product data. The 3DX Software Application Developer will have the opportunity to contribute to core development and integration for a variety of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) and in-house software application supporting our engineering/manufacturing teams. Job requires working within a global, diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Strong communication skills are required both verbally and written, to interact with peers and customers. Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Develop valuable software solutions using the relevant, modern XP practices (i.e. pair programming, test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, build and test automation, etc.)
• Collaborate effectively within the operational constructs of a balanced team and Integrated Project Team (IPT) and across perceived functional organization teams.
• Work in partnership, virtually with teammates from our Boeing India site
• Develops effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
• Participate in design and code review sessions
• Work within project teams on iterative development that delivers high quality products
• Embrace an Agile mindset of relentless and continuous self-improvement
• Designs, programs, tests, implements, documents and maintains computing applications.
• Gathers and evaluates end user requirements.
• Writes and compiles code and constructs database objects based on documented design and analyzes information to determine architecture specifications, parameters for software compatibility, application security needs and other application architecture requirements.
• Modifies or upgrades applications to maintain software functionality.
• Identifies and resolves programming or application architecture problems.
• Reviews system performance and identifies and recommends improvements.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a " US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. " US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Geospatial Science, or other technical degree
• 5+ years of experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming in a high level language like C# or Java
• 2+ years of experience with relational databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
• 2+ years of experience delivering software solutions to Production environment and writing quality, production ready code
• Experience with Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Development experience with PLM-3DExperience software platform
• Visual Studio experience
• Ability to adopt SWEBP to improve efficiency
• Exposure to Cloud computing or microservices
• Exposure to DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD (Azure, GIT)
• Experience working on full stack development across all tiers of an application
• Thorough knowledge of SDLC - the overall software development process & methodology, tools, and techniques used to produce quality and secure software
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Exposure to Unit Testing and Integration testing or TDD (test driven development)
• Exposure to development on both Windows platforms and Linux/Unix platforms
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 8 years' related work experience, etc.).
100% Remote; ideally candidate will reside within a 1 hour commute of a Boeing worksite (if tech support or something is needed). Please include City and State on resume. Any timezone.
The Structures Company is a national staffing firm specializing in contract, contract to hire and direct hire placement opportunities. Our clients rely on us to support their engineering, IT, Production, Maintenance & Repair and support staff. Our niche recruiting team is one of our biggest strengths and is the main reason we are a top provider of talented professionals to the majority of our clients. They will help you identify the opportunity that best fits your interests, while also providing industry leading customer service.
We support the majority of Aerospace OEM' s and Tier 1 Suppliers across the United States.
We have a national medical, dental and vision plan with United Healthcare and we also have a robust 401K offering. In some cases there is bonus potential, sick pay and holiday pay for those who qualify.
The Structures Company LLC is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer (or AA/ EOE)