The Program Management Office drives cross-departmental strategic programs for O'Reilly Auto Parts. We are a collaborative team of forward-thinking individuals who partner with business and IT leaders to tackle business challenges by delivering value-based outcomes that achieve the company's strategic initiatives. Program managers manage a portfolio of programs and projects that are directly tied to enterprise strategic objectives. This key role manages enterprise programs from conception through implementation with a balance of governance and execution, working at strategic and tactical levels. The program manager contributes to the company's success by planning, executing and managing large to extra-large programs that have an IT component with lifecycles that span multiple years. They lead with a high degree of influence, accountability, and autonomy, while focusing on delivering results that drive business success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Elicit, accurately characterize, and document program goals, scope, success measures, effort, resources, timelines, stakeholders and governance.
- Identify and utilize the appropriate tools and techniques to manage programs and projects with varied characteristics, focusing on results over processes.
- Move programs and projects successfully through project lifecycle(s) and solution development lifecycle(s) to achieve phase gate checkpoints without unnecessary overhead.
- Identify and track all necessary projects and activities required to achieve the desired program outcomes and deliver maximum value.
- Identify key milestones and dependencies and manage programs and projects to delivery in scope, on-schedule and on-budget.
- Foster a shared understanding among the project team and encourage transparency about project status, risk and issues.
- Identify risks; recommend and introduce changes, activities, and solutions to mitigate or reduce risk.
- Partner with IT and functional leadership to recover from impacts and accommodate changing business needs.
- Frame up decisions in a way that enables management and leadership to clearly understand decision time-points, recommendations, and options.
- Create and maintain program charters, plans, and budgets.
- Create communication plans and deliver program status updates.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ Years IT project and program management experience.
- Experience managing a collection of interdependent projects as a program, delivering desired outcome(s).
- Proven experience with project management tools, techniques and processes.
- Experience with delivering projects and programs using different SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile).
- Superior ability to think and plan, both strategically and tactically.
- Superior interpersonal, collaboration, negotiation, escalation, and influencing skills.
- Superior ability to organize and lead despite ambiguity.
- Superior ability to solve problems with flexibility, agility and creativity.
- Courage, sound judgement, trustworthiness, and candor.
- Strong ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency and a focus on results.
- Ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and effectively with management and leadership and with project teams.
- Ability to lead by teaching and educating.
- Willingness to travel minimum once a quarter to the corporate office in Springfield, MIssouri.
- PMP or PgMP Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Master's degree
- Experience working in a remote, virtual or work-from-home environment.
- O'Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our corporate office, 6,000+ stores, 29 distribution centers and 80,000 + team members.
- We have over 900 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium and large web and software applications in addition to third party packages.
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge sharing.
- We respect a healthy work-life balance and offer remote, virtual or work-from-home opportunities.
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing, team messaging and daily stand-ups.
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and functional perspective.
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical - there's a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you choose.
- We want to grow our people - we help to make you better by providing training for both technical and professional development.
Remote, USA - Can be remote, virtual or work-from-home anywhere in the United States.
Additional Locations: Springfield, MO, St. Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Bentonville, AR, Little Rock, AR, Chicago, IL, Oklahoma City, OK, Omaha, NE, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Huntsville, AL, Charlotte, NC, Raleigh, NC, Seattle, WA, Washington, D.C., Lansing, MI, Baltimore, MD, Durham-Chapel Hill, NC, Trenton, NJ, Boulder, CO, Colorado Springs, CO, Des Moines, IA, Hartford, CT, Tallahassee, FL
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service.