You will report to the DevOps team lead. This includes enforcement of best practices, architecture design and selecting the correct technologies to build our products with. You will help mentor and lead our senior and junior engineers via paired programming/mobbing as needed. We also want to build your resume while your build our products, so Friday afternoons are dedicated to learning! This position will require a personality that is enthusiastic, humble, and excited about trying new technologies to be successful on the team. Must Haves:
- Experience in API Gateways. (KrakenD)
- Solid Terraform experience.
- Recruit, develop, mentor, coach and inspire a team of Tools Administrators and Engineers, while also building a culture of collaboration, making data-driven decisions and continuous learning.
- Partner with our technical leads to solve complicated problems, identify and reinforce technical direction, and establish clear priorities.
- Ensure the high standards for the operability of our Tools offerings are met by managing the maintenance, patching, upgrades, and performance observability of Tools.
- Strong understanding and experience on Kubernetes with extensive knowledge of CI/CD processes and tools.
- Experience deploying and maintaining the high availability and scalability needs of microservices.
- Cloud experience with deploying and integrating cloud native applications with AWS.
- Experience developing software for high volume data ingestion using messaging queue technologies such as Kafka.
Nice to Haves:
- Improve and maintain continuous delivery methodologies including the writing, and integration of Unit, Functional, Contract, and Canary deployment strategies.
- Strong, effective communication skills to bring multiple personalities and cultures together to work towards a common goal.
- Advocate the appropriate use of technology and provide leadership in balancing technical elegance with functional requirements and practical benefits as we implement and integrate technologies.
- Engineering GitOps infrastructure & maintaining ArgoCD deployments.
- Confident in being able to explain & demonstrate the "Must Haves" criteria listed above and:
- A history of increasing responsibility in technical roles
- Being a mentor and having leadership qualities
- Demonstrating leadership values in an agile environment
About IHS Markit
- You enjoy learning and challenging yourself continuously with new technologies and are receptive to the constant change within the software industry.
At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team to explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architects and designs high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings. What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and bonus plans.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site:
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $140,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.