Senior Project Manager with Core Banking
75% Remote & 25% Travel
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technology programs and projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed.
- Develops, defines, and executes program/project plans, program/project scope, activities, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines, and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Assigns and monitors work of project team(s), providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Manages program risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope, and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- Conducts program/project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Identifies program/project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- Must have travel flexibility-25%50% may be anticipated.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. A strong technical background is required to manage technical projects and handle competing interests. Must be in active pursuit of Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or have the equivalent level of education and experience for the position.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices (i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK).
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation) and the correct project application.
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry (e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of financial services industry.
- Knowledge of core banking systems.
- Knowledge and/or exposure to Portfolio Management role in Services.
- Knowledge of company's products and services.
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, Planview, Platinum Process Continuum).
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines.
- Skill in negotiation techniques to reach agreement when widely differing viewpoints exist.
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict-management, and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with executive-level clients.
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance, and build high morale among team members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature.
for further details please connect at sudhakar(at)caprusit(dot)com
- provided by Dice