Title- Business solutions Architect
- Provide hands on leadership to technical staff analyzing companyâ€™s business processes, applications, architecture and infrastructure to identify pain points and make recommendations.
- Understand the business needs of the customer and provide quality customer support by using appropriate communication, anticipating customer needs and/or issues, and understanding the broad impact of change on all customer processes.
- Oversee all phases of project execution including initiation, planning/development, production/execution, monitors/controls, closing/post release activities for larger projects
- Analyze Systems across Business Processes, Use Cases, Application, Database, and Infrastructure. Document current state and build future state architectural roadmaps across all tiers
- Identify opportunities to improve performance, stability, capacity, and resiliency of the applications, architecture, databases, processes, and infrastructure and identify associated costs and risks
- Spearhead the development of work plan, process flows and diagrams necessary to assist the business case requirements gathering and successfully lead program-level business system analysis projects.
- Lead in-depth technical discussions with clients and analyze architecture diagrams, documentation, code, and data.
- Must be confident and comfortable with application, database, and infrastructure discussions including working knowledge of physical, virtual, and cloud deployment strategies
- Develop artifacts representing current and future state system architecture, visualization, database, and application layers
- Experience with architecture frameworks and view based architecture (4+1 view models)
- Strong software engineering background with one or more modern languages (Java, C++/C#, Python, VB, etc.)
- Experience in both Windows and Linux/Unix environments â€" advanced level knowledge in at least one
- Solid understanding of database architecture â€" Relational models, replication strategies, SQL with 1 or more major database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Postgres, MySQL)
- Working knowledge of physical, virtual, and cloud deployment strategies
- Knowledge and experience with N-Tiered architectures including middleware layers ESBâ€™s, Web Services, and Messaging constructs
- Knowledge of design pattern concepts and ability to apply design patterns
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and/or Waterfall development and capable of providing technical leadership to a team.
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts â€" ability to articulate, advocated and implement automation concepts for CI/CD and associated configuration management, automated deployment, and validation.
- Experience working in heterogeneous environments (Windows .Net, Linux/Unix, As400, Mainframe)
- Experience with capacity and performance analysis of complex systems
- Knowledge of cloud based architectures, SaaS, PaaS including cloud migration
- Strong communication skills â€" capable of working in client facing position and interacting directly with client technical staff. Must be able to independently produce technical documentation including architecture diagrams, detailed technical design, and associated presentation materials.
- Financial services industry experience
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- provided by Dice