- Field incoming calls from outside customers and department salespeople.
- Sell parts to all customers through the phone, or through direct communications from customers via other telecommunications methods.
- Solicit customers calling into the location, and assigned accounts, by phone to promote various parts marketing activities.
- Make sure all external and internal requests for parts are billed on a parts ticket.
- Not specifically responsible for core returns but must assure that cores are invoiced and accounted for on each order - per procedure.
- Keep orderly records of all orders and special-order parts. Communicate with assigned warehouse personnel to facilitate the speedy delivery of orders to customers.
- Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Clean computer terminals and printers daily.
- Participate in all training programs that are made available.
- Keep current on new products and product updates.
- Participate in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
Basic Qualifications And Attributes
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years' parts counter or parts phone room experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Responsible for providing internet service for effective operation.