Remote Part Time Flexible Customer Care RepresentativeCorporate Overview
A pioneer in the lifelong-learning market, Wondrium is a popular and growing media company that produces The Great Courses: a series of comprehensive and engaging, university-level, video and audio courses taught by the world's greatest professors without the pressure of schedules, homework, or exams.
The Great Coursescovera wide variety of topics ranging from traditional liberal arts subjects,such as philosophy, history, literature, and the sciences, to practical classes,in photography, foreign languages, health and wellness, business skills,and much more. The company has ongoing partnerships with venerable educationalbrands such as the Smithsonian, National Geographic, Mayo Clinic, The Culinary Institute of America, and others.
Wondrium has developed a catalog ofover 700coursescomprisingover 8,900hoursof content. The Great Courses are delivered to customers via digital streaming, DVD, andCDsaleson the e-commerce site;and,most recently,through The Great CoursesPlus,a digital subscription platform thatPC Magazinehas called "Netflix for Learning." The Great Courses can be found onAmazon Instant Video, Amazon Channels, Comcast Xfinity Video on Demand, Audible.com,Recorded Books,Kanopy, Hoopla,andmore.
TheGreat Coursesalsohas highly rated apps available across most major app platforms,includingiOS, Android, Kindle Fire,Roku,AmazonFire TV,Apple TV,andAmazonAlexa.
Since its establishment in 1990, Wondrium has sold more than25millioncourses and prominent and loyal customers of Wondrium include Bill Gates, Charles Schwab, and George Lucas, to name a few.Schedule Details:
- Must be available to work hours between 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM Monday - Friday (float shift)
- Work on one weekend day is required. Weekend hours will be between 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (float shift)
- Black Friday is mandatory workday
- Hours will vary between 8-40 per week depending on call volume. Average hours will be 16-20 per week.
Education and Experience
- Providing inbound phone-based customer service
- Managing relationships with customers; generating additional sales by up-selling and cross-selling
- Resolving complaints, general questions, processing orders, and various administrative projects needed in the operation of the Call Center
- Communicating with customers regarding all aspects of purchasing, owning, and returning our products
- Simultaneously manage multiple computer applications/technology tools and efficiently navigate Windows (MS Office) programs like Outlook and Excel
- Achieving detailed knowledge and become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on our products and policies to provide expert service to our highly valued customers
- Must be able to adapt to frequent changes in policy, product offerings, and Call Center operations
Requirements for remote work
- Associates degree or higher
- Two (2) years of in-bound, phone-based customer service and sales experience; strongly preferred
- Tech-savvy; able to effectively use technology tools and resources required to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the job
- Experience working in Outlook and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers and accurately record information
- Proven customer service skills to provide top-notch, outstanding customer service to our customers
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger and highly supportive team
- Ability to sit at computer and work on the phone for extended periods of time
TrainingWe provide an in-depth, fully paid 2 and a half week training to all selected candidates. The schedule for this is 10 AM to 7 PM, Monday to Friday.We are currently hiring from the following states:
- Securehome office environment free from background noise and distractions of any kind conducive to phone-based customer service support
- Reliable high-speed internet - ISP connections must consistently provide minimum upload/download speeds of 10 megabits per second
- Schedule flexibility to work the required hours
West VirginiaAffirmative Action/EEO statement
Wondrium provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)