OASIS/Chart Reviewers are responsible for reviewing OASIS and/or coding start of care and re-certifications for home health agencies. An active RN license and an existing Home Care Coding Specialist - Diagnosis (HCS-D) certification is required.
Details of the job
· The charts are weighted based on average time it takes to complete. Their productivity is 11 Chart Equivalents per day. The average time for a regular full review is around 45 minutes, once a reviewer has gone through orientation and graduated to the live environment they set weekly goals for them to meet to work up to the 11 CE's per day. They have crunched the numbers for years and 8.5 hour workday is sufficient to complete 11 CE.
· There are about 10 - 12 different software's they use. They will train the new hire on the ones they do not know how to use.
· Flexible hours - if you want to get your hours done M - Thur and have a three day weekend, you can! You can start early/end early if desired. Overall, you need to have majority of the work done by 6:30 PM Eastern.
· Company will now pay for renewal of nursing licensure, coding and OASIS.
· We will provide a laptop & docking station but instead of all of the extra gadgets, company will pay a onetime $500 amount to a new hire for their office (i.e. desk, monitors, and chair, whatever you want).
· The first few months in the role is a training period so hours are pretty set (most likely M-F 8:30 - 5). Once you graduate to the live environment, that's when the conversation can be had with leadership about setting up a different schedule. We are a 7 day operation now so we have weekend availability too!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Review OASIS/Assessments and re-certifications and document recommended changes in the OASIS database tool
Review ICD-10 coding and sequencing from documentation in the patient chart
Enter results from review in appropriate fields of the database
Provide explanation for change and reimbursement impact recommended
Minimum of 2 years of progressive home health experience reviewing OASIS
Experience in a quality assurance and/or case management
Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills are required
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred