Join a Top Mortgage, Award-Winning, Lender who appreciates what you do as a Remote Credit Risk Manager!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Susan Hanchett
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $130,000 per yearA bit about us:
National mortgage company who puts our employees first and creates remarkable experiences for our clients. Best Mortgage Companies To Work For 2020! We need kind people to join our thriving team and be a part of the dream!Why join us?
- Competitive Salary
- Career Growth
- Benefit Packages
- 401k Match
- Sick Pay
- Paid Holidays
The primary job functions of this position are development, communication, and implementation of all Loan Products and Credit Policies. The position requires a strong understanding of Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Fannie Mae (FNMA), Freddie Mac (FHLMC), Jumbo & Affordable Housing- HFA, DPA, and MCC related policy matters.
- Exhibits deep product and credit policy knowledge and acts as a resource for understanding the impact of features across one or more products.
- Coordinates with Director of Underwriting to ensure successful product and credit policy release and adherence.
- Creates workflows to ensure successful product release across all departments.
- Creates and maintains a project plan that tracks the development, training, and implementation of new product rollouts to ensure a smooth release.
- Reviews and interprets all applicable guidelines and announcements and makes recommended changes/enhancements to policy necessary to drive great execution and transparency.
- Monitors credit policy trends, makes recommendations for adjustments, updates credit programs and policies and ensures timely communication of the changes related to all products (i.e. GNMA, FHA, VA, USDA Fannie Mae, or Freddie Mac announcements).
- Publishes and maintains internal document library for all product and credit policy related materials.
- Assist with Underwriting guideline interpretation.
- Perform loan level review with Department Managers for additional clarification as needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of FHA, VA and USDA Credit Policy requirements and underwriting guidelines.
- Experience and knowledge with FNMA, FHLMC and Non-Agency guidelines and policy.
- Knowledge of Housing Finance Agency lending Develop deep business process knowledge and stay abreast of business and regulatory changes.
- Ability to be self-directed and make independent decisions problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to foster internal and external business relationships.
- The ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- The ability to multi-task effectively and be responsive to changing priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 8 years mortgage industry and a minimum 3 years of experience in Credit Policy, Risk Management, and Underwriting.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.