Req ID: R_Dallas TX
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling . This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Underwriter is responsible for analyzing and interpreting credit information for accuracy to minimize risk and potential loss and to ensure compliance with bank, investor and secondary market standards. Communicates with internal teammates and external clients. Meets performance standards and goals established by the bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Review credit documents to clear conditions placed on loans by underwriters. Perform underwriting analysis of all Truist Financial Correspondent loan products including supporting income documentation, analyzing title reports and lien information, reviewing all financial statements, appraisals for product eligibility requirements and any additional documentation prior to clear to close.
2. Ensure that all loan files are documented to meet portfolio and investor guidelines to ensure marketability and maintain quality standards.
3. Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Correspondent Lending products, policies, processes, and their required documentation.
4. Adequately condition loans to meet Correspondent Lending products, policies, processes, and their required documentation.
5. Adhere to all compliance regulations and controls.
6. Conduct proactive and effective pipeline management to ensure that metrics are met.
7. Develop and maintain positive working relationship with teammates, external clients, and business partners.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. 2+ years of mortgage loan underwriting experience or 6+ years mortgage processing experience.
3. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in relating to teammates and external clients.
4. Demonstrates proficiency in basic computer applications, such as mortgage automated processing systems and Microsoft Office software products.
1. Basic knowledge of bank services and products
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
? Sitting Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
? Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
? Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Minimal and up to 10%
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.