Our client, a full-service voice and data network engineering firm is in need of an Mobility Solutions Engineer, preferred location is within New England/Tri-State area, but would consider remote engineer with 25% travel.
The Mobility Solutions Engineer will join our client's professional services engineering staff that specializes in Data networking products from Extreme and HPE/Aruba. The candidate must have a strong understanding of WiFi networking, knowledge of how WLAN (802.11) security systems and protocols work. Experience with deploying WLAN (802.11) infrastructure equipment is also needed. A strong understanding of Clearpass on wired and wireless networks is also needed. This work will be performed at our customers' locations as well as remotely.
- Be responsible for customer installations/configuration and be the technical lead on those projects.
- Primarily working with Extreme and HPE/Aruba WLAN Controllers, AP's, Clearpass NAC.
- Have responsibility for staging customer equipment in our facilities.
- Ability to work with Account team as SE support as SME when needed.
- Ability to work with prime SE on network designs.
- Be a 3rd level resource for our Tech Support engineers.
- Rotating in on on-call 'off-peak' hours support may be required
- 5-10 years of experience in a professional services, technical support role is required.
- WLAN and 802.11: 5+ years.
- Network Routing: 5+ years.
- Network Switching: 5+ years.
- Dynamic routing protocols: 5+ years.
- Extreme Wireless ECS Certifications.
- Aruba Wireless Certification ACMP.
- Aruba Wireless AOS 8 implementations required.
- Strong experience with Mobility Master required.
- Experience with ExtremeCloud IQ and Aruba Central required
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking.
- WLAN Controllers.
- ClearPass Policy Manager.
- Expert understanding of the first 3 ISO layers such as; VLAN Trunking, Routing protocols, spanning tree, cabling standards, or other networking technologies.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong account management and customer communication skills.
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking.
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Extreme commitment to customer service and enhancing the customer experience.
- Excellent computing skills.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize customer support tools/resources.
- Willingness and availability to travel extensively, up to 25%, and up to 2 weeks at a time on the road.