Mechanical Designer Remote position
System One is currently seeking a Remote Mechanical Designer
on a 6 month contract position. Mechanical Designer Responsibilities:
Mechanical Designer Requirements:
- Functions in a mid-level engineering technician capacity. Under general supervision, performs functions requiring intermediate knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables.
- Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Black and Veatch policies and procedures.
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the Black and Veatch Quality Program
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
- May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- Typically a minimum of 2 years related work experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills
- Preferably experience with Autodesk Revit and Bluebeam software
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Document Control
- Quality Program
- Body Engineering
- Change Management
- Drafting Design
6 months Location:
Remote position Pay Rate: