Manager of Transformation Strategy & Culture Change
The Design Gym (TDG) is an innovation and culture consultancy, focused on unlocking the power of every organization's greatest asset - its people. Founded in 2012, The Design Gym supports some of the most forward-thinking organizations across industries with strategy consulting, capacity building and project implementation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Design Gym is looking for a full-time Manager of Transformation Strategy & Culture Change to join our team in a remote capacity within the US.
Managers at The Design Gym are the foundation of delivering high-caliber and consistent work for our clients. This work may include leading Executive teams through visioning sessions, helping translate high-level organizational strategy into implementable programs for individual business units or activating teams around a new set of values. Managers are responsible for balancing the workload of the team, delegating work to Associates, and managing the project details, milestones, and client relationships. We like to say that "good work leads to more good work," and the Managers at TDG play a key role in ensuring that continues.
Managers at TDG thrive in client-facing interactions and have a passion for solving complex people and strategy challenges for our clients. As with most complex challenges, being able to work through ambiguity and change is an important characteristic to succeed in this role. In fact, Managers are often the ones who are able to translate those aspirations into project plans, experiences, and conversations that create alignment and progress for our clients.
As a Manager, you will be asked to leverage your strategic brain while working hand-in-hand with our Directors to design dynamic programs with our clients. You will also be asked to leverage your leadership and growth skills to guide our Associates through project execution. Being able to hold both qualities will allow you to maximize your own impact and development.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
Program Management + Delivery (80%)
- You are able to align the project team around the project scope, timeline, and deliverables, tailoring the project to the unique skills and characteristics of the team members.
- You confidently lead research using qualitative and quantitative methods to distill what's learned into actionable insights. You create narratives from insights and deliver immersive presentations with clients.
- You enjoy developing strategy for how the work will get done, building approaches, designing working sessions, and creating activities that move people to action.
- You are able to structure and break down complex business problems, develop a hypothesis, drive analysis, and deliver recommendations to your clients.
- You lead project workstreams, from planning through implementation - including managing project resources. You anticipate, manage and mitigate any risks and issues.
- You are capable of managing multiple projects at a time and keep project plans, timelines, and status communications up-to-date to keep collaborators aligned while achieving defined objectives.
- You efficiently work with team members to create assets such as slide decks, proposals, and templates; design creative workspaces using tools like Microsoft suite, Google, Miro/Mural, and other virtual collaboration platforms; and ensure that all work is delivered on brand.
- You actively think about the growth of your team members, and set people up in ways that support the project needs with their personal ambitions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Client Management (20%)
- You are able to understand the needs of the client and the needs of TDG, and consistently find win/win solutions in moments of tension, whether scoping programs or problem solving with the client in the midst of the project.
- You speak with nuance and create clear understanding across all client communications, whether in person or through email, Slack (or equivalent), video, phone, or carrier pigeon.
- You are able to quickly assess and anticipate the ongoing, unique needs of each client to ensure alignment of vision, resources, project execution, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with the below topics is key, with a strong desire to build deeper knowledge in each of these areas.
- Experience design (including meeting and workshop design)
- Customer research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Organizational design
- Learning and development
- Executive communication and facilitation
- Change management / organizational psychology
- Comfort speaking in front of large audiences
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication, presentation and storytelling skills to interact effectively and empathetically with all levels of the organization
- At least 5 years in a role leading projects while managing stakeholders expectations
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally and lead groups toward common goals
- Solid creative problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking abilities
Note: Travel may be required, 30-40% of the time, depending upon client needs, COVID restrictions and other pertinent factors.
WHY THE DESIGN GYM
Our internal culture is second to none. We've spent years cultivating an environment that supports bringing our full selves to work, demands thoughtfulness in all interactions, and prioritizes human connection and creativity throughout the day.
Opportunity / As the world continues to shift towards collaborative virtual work, we see the skills within this role only growing more valuable over time. Our culture is one that promotes from within, creating opportunities for advancement in the strategic aspects of client engagement and supporting your growth.
Benefits / Check out our full overview of benefits here:
The Design Gym is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.