The Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of learning solutions that enable our 70,000 team members to achieve their performance goals. The Instructional Designer will partner with business leaders to determine training needs, learning outcomes and solutions, use proven instructional methods to design effective, engaging and integrated learning experiences and develop high-quality supporting materials. Of great value are speed to market, empathy-based design principles, and modern design approaches such as microlearning, video, etc. This particular role is focused on instructional design for leadership programs, with an emphasis on skills development at various levels within the organization. Design and development of ALL learning modalities, especially virtual instructor-leveraging Microsoft Teams functionality will be critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education or related field; OR 3-5 years of experience in an Instructional Design in a corporate setting.
- Mastery of instructor-led and virtual instructor-led curriculum development, including lecture, interactions, serious games, discussion, etc.
- 3-5 years experience in behavior-based curriculum design and development, including program design.
- Mastery of eLearning tools; Articulate Storyline and Rise is required.
- Experience with animation tools, such as Vyond.
- Experience with audio and video editing tools and workflows.
- Experience with common leadership models and vendors, such as DDI, Situational Leadership, Speed of Trust (Franklin Covey), Crucial Conversations (VitalSmarts), etc.
- Experience facilitating instructor-led and virtual instructor-led workshops is preferred.
- Partner with the Leadership Program Manager to diagnose learning needs for the target audience, empathize with intended learners, and design effective learning experiences (classroom, eLearning, video, etc.) to meet the learners' needs.
- Successfully consult with business partners, facilitators, and content vendors to collaboratively design effective learning.
- Develop high quality, professional learning materials including eLearning, facilitation materials, participant guides, worksheets, job aids, animations, video, and voiceovers, in alignment with company brand and design standards.
- Design programs that leverage experience, exposure, education, and environment to deliver on learning needs.
- Facilitate content in workshops as needed.
- Measure effectiveness of training programs to ensure they meet the goals of the project; pilot/beta test programs and iterate before full scale rollout.
- Distill complex ideas into appealing visual graphics and stories using creativity and clear, concise, and simple copy writing.
- Project manage and set boundaries to ensure timely turnaround of deliverables. Prioritize in alignment with business needs.
- Track latest trends in instructional design, instructional technologies, and leadership to uncover new ways to solve problems.
- Identify and develop new procedures and techniques to improve training and operational effectiveness; create standards for consistent delivery.
- Soft skills: Highly motivated, productive, deadline driven, feedback-seeking and independent developer, who will also collaborate with other instructional designers to develop best-in-class learning content; above average verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and content editing capabilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS