Lead DevOps Data Engineer w/experience designing, building data pipelines (Python & AWS)Open to remote. Candidate would need to adhere to EST work schedule.ROLE:
Data and Analytics is an evolving space which includes more software engineering, distributed systems, and cloud skills.
Some of the job responsibilities will be:
- On this team, you'll develop, maintain, and enhance the data platform capabilities in an open and collaborative environment to build the central platform.
- Will collaborate with internal data customers across IT and the Business to minimize the time from idea inception to analytical insight.
- Leading data infrastructure design efforts and collaborating with other platforms to integrate infrastructure into the client's systems and researching the feasibility and effectiveness of various technology options and making recommendations
- Designing complex tools and solutions to manage a wide variety of data and implement machine learning solutions which includes the orchestration, data pipelines, and infrastructure as code solutions the Data Engineering team builds.
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in designing, building, and supporting complex machine learning pipelines
- Software engineering (Version Control) and associated best practices
- Advanced programming experience in programming languages used in analytics and data science (e.g. Python, Java, Scala). Comfortable with Linux environments and shell scripting.
- Experience with Cloud-based infrastructures (AWS) and infrastructure as code (Terraform is what is used at the client, but Ansible is acceptable, as well)
- Skilled in Linux, Bash, SQL
- Experienced with Kubernetes
- Deploy machine learning models for real-time use cases
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms
- Design and evaluated approaches to high volume real time data streams
- Foundation in computer science, system architecture, statistical/quantitative modeling with ability to process large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Verbal CommunicatioN
- API Development
- Distributed Systems
- Domain Knowledge
- Visual Communication
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education and/or experiences listed below are the minimum requirements for job entry.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study and minimum of five years of work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications.
- In lieu of degree, minimum of six years related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted.