REMOTE: Lead AWS Data Engineer
No third party vendors- W2 only candidates need apply
Open to remote. Candidates must be willing to work EST hours
ROLE: Lead AWS Data Engineer will build, enhance and maintain data validation solution for validating the integrity of data being migrated to AWS/Snowflake from our on-premise data sources.
- Broad knowledge in multiple technology areas (servers, network, storage, security etc.), - preferably AWS
- AWS: networking (VPC, security groups, TGW connectivity to on prem), IAM, ec2, lambda, step function
- Experience with ADO
- Experience with Python, Terraform, Git, ADO CI/CD
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Leadership in design and code reviews
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience deploying using IAC
- Experience with Cloud and CI/CD - integrating monitoring and testing capabilities into Cloud and CI/CD offerings
- Fluency in version control and branching methodologies using various tools
- Leads efforts with customers to build a wide variety of data infrastructure solutions. Interfacing with traditional RDBMS, NoSQL systems, object stores such as S3, HDFS, or Pub/Sub systems.
- Creates solutions for data validations. This includes the orchestration, data pipelines, and infrastructure as code solutions the Data Engineering team builds.
- Coaches and guides others in constructing, maintaining, and supporting test harnesses, test data generators, and analysis tools.
- Reviews progress with Solutions Architect, Project Manager or Service Manager to address testability issues.
- Analyzes production defects and creates improvement plans to decrease production escapes.
- Analyzes and guides others in administering, modifying, or maintaining the effectiveness of test assets for project or platform activities.
- Provides guidance for testing systems or system components utilizing various testing methods.
- Partners with application teams to integrate validation framework into applications (internal and external facing applications).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Education and/or experiences listed below are the minimum requirements for job entry.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study and minimum of five years of work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications.
- In lieu of degree, minimum of six years related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted.