The California FAIR Plan Association has been established over 50 years ago, and supports California homeowners in need of fire/property insurance that are unable to obtain in the standard market.
CA Fair Plan offers a diverse, inclusive environment, fostering teamwork and work-life balance. We also offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits (i.e. medical, dental, vision, 401(k), 401(k) company match, pension, vacation accrual), and are conveniently located off the Metro in the Los Angeles financial district.
The IT Solution Architect examines functional specifications and translates them into system guidelines that shape project development as well as find ways to align projects with enterprise-level systems. This position is responsible for understanding the business objectives and conducting research on existing systems and/or new technology to devise solutions to meet the business needs. This is a virtual position for CA residents only, and may require occasional travel to our corporate office in Los Angeles.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborates with the business to understand the problem and / or objective needing a technical solution.
• Comprehend business strategies and requirements and develop necessary designs and plans to ensure projects and solutions satisfy those needs
• Stays current with new technology to recommend tools to enhance the Association's efficiency.
• Leads the design and implementation of new technology to further the Association's goals.
• Gathers functional requirements and assess existing systems to develop project specifications and design.
• Creates technical specifications from business requirements for programmers and other development staff.
• Coordinates with test analysts to build test matrixes related to projects.
• Collaborate with IT staff and business partners to create prototypes and proofs of concept as a means of eliciting and defining requirements,
• Conducts research on existing systems and configurations to determine whether added time and work is necessary to align the project with enterprise-level systems.
• Directs and oversees the activities of a team of developers, including mentoring, educating, and training colleagues.
• Acts as a liaison between the business and development teams.
• Works with outside vendors to develop and implement specific aspects of the software solution.
• Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The individual must meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field.
• 5 years' IT experience, with at least 3 years as a solution architect or equivalent experience.
• Experience leading and implementing large technology projects.
• Demonstrated project management and business analysis skills.
• Property and casualty insurance background a plus.
• 2+ years or Visio or equivalent diagramming experience
• Understanding of Cloud computing platforms employing virtual desktops
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases
• Onbase content and workflow management software a plus
• In-depth understanding of system integrations and use of Application Programming Interfaces (API's)