Growing company with a need for a compassionate work from home Human Resources Assistant!!
General job duties:
- Supporting daily HR activities and assists with coordinating policies, processes, and relevant documents.
- This includes, but is not limited to new hire orientations, benefits meetings, leave requests, medical leave law facilitation, maintaining and storing medical information accurately and confidentially, and general employee relations topics.
- The People Operations Assistant acts as a liaison between the People Operations department and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all inquiries.
- The Human Resources Assistant supports the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department.
- The HR Assistant must be well versed in the state, local, and federal requirements that the company must meet.
- They must ensure that the company operates within these guidelines and take care to protect the rights of the company's employees.
- These regulations may include Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) regulations, Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), and the Office of Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) guidelines, The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (FLSA) to name a few.
- To be successful in this position, you'll need exceptional customer service skills; efficiency, friendliness, and a positive attitude.
- Your excellent interpersonal skills should extend to maintaining a professional demeanor in occasionally stressful and difficult situations.
- You exhibit extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
- You should be comfortable speaking to people and in front of small to large groups.
- You should have the ability to understand and implement verbal and written instructions, and effectively relay those instructions to employees.
- You display stellar reporting, policy writing, and research skills.
- You fully understand confidentiality guidelines and protect confidential information at all times.
- You have extreme attention to detail and time management skills.
- You work well as part of a team and also with limited supervision.
- Lifelong Learning: To be continually learning. To seek out new knowledge and ways to do things. We share the growth mindset of building a "learn it all" organization rather than a "know it all" organization.
- MUST provide your own computer equipment- High speed internet, webcam, headset. Windows 8, Windows 10 or Macbook 2016 or newer is eligible for this position.
- Monday-Friday 10AM-7PM EST
- $17.50 per hour- Temp to Perm
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion.