Prodigy is currently hiring for a remote Google Cloud Engineer position that's a full-time direct hire opportunity. Our client is a cloud-native consultancy and one of the fastest growing Google Cloud Partners. They are headquartered in Denver and work with clients to modernize their infrastructure, develop powerful digital experiences, and adopt innovative cloud solutions. Their consulting expertise includes Cloud technologies, DevOps, DesignOps, and centralized Design Systems. They will offer you competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package!
As a Platform Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for the following activities.
- Lead the design and development of our core cloud platform capabilities across multiple cloud providers with a focus on Google Cloud Platform.
- Expand our client's global cloud hosting platform capabilities and incorporate the necessary automation and tool configurations that ensure agile delivery and secure consumption.
- Partner with cloud providers, architects, and other engineering teams to develop our client's global cloud platform as well as providing best practices and approaches to ensure security, resiliency and availability of cloud solutions.
- Create strategies that ensures the secure consumption of the platform through continuous innovation, simplification, decentralization and self-service automation.
- Be a thought leader by staying abreast of current and emerging cloud technologies and industry trends.
- Support the sales team on pre-sales client calls.
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to deliver strategic investments in cloud. Ensure that all cloud solutions follow established security and compliance controls.
- Google Cloud Platform expertise.
- 4+ years of experience building resilient, highly available and scalable cloud native platforms and solutions.
- Considerable tangible experience with cloud infrastructure, data, and application services.
- Strong experience designing and building multi-tenant IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions with particular emphasis on Google Cloud.
- Strong experience with cloud solution design patterns (microservices, messaging, distributed caching, containers, IAM etc.)
- Developer background with 3+ years of experience using automation scripting languages including Python, Ansible, Bash, or similar.
- Exposure to SDLC and continuous delivery toolsets: GitLab CI, TravisCI, CircleCI and Jenkins or comparable tools.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure as code development.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven track record of presenting to clients and executive-level leadership.