The selected candidate will be developing products using cutting edge technologies as part of a large modernization effort that has significant industry focus. The candidate will be an integral component of a team of passionate and enthusiastic IT professionals, and has tremendous opportunities to contribute to Indev's growing portfolio. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and operating products in Cloud platform for enterprise-wide use. These products include modern enterprise applications accessible and responsive via any device (web/mobile). The candidate will be responsible for developing quality products using industry best practices. The candidate is expected to have extensive experience in software development, integration with different systems, software release management, and operations.
· Hands-on role with extensive involvement in developing, implementing, operating and enhancing products. The candidate is accountable for the quality of the product delivered.
· Implements the best practices of Agile and DevSecOps to deliver quality products predictably and consistently.
· Evaluates functional/business and technical requirements and identify gaps/risks.
· Reviews proposed enhancements to validate feasibility and assists with scoping and estimating work.
· Conducts development and testing activities using Agile and DevSecOps best practices
· Follows defined development workflows and quality processes and creates the required design and development artifacts
· Conducts peer reviews, pair programming to promote collaboration and improve product quality
· Provides product support, product troubleshooting support and resolves product issues and defects
· In coordination with others, monitors and analyzes production performance, while looking for ways to optimize and scale existing solutions.
· Monitors product and process metrics (such as speed of delivery, quality, usability) and implements process improvements and product enhancements
· Promotes knowledge sharing activities within and across different product teams by creating and engaging in communities of practice and through documentation, training, and mentoring
· Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
· 7 - 10+ years of full-lifecycle application development experience and at least 3 years of experience using the technologies listed below and AWS cloud platform
· 5+ years of experience using Agile, DevSecOps, Test driven development, and other lean methodologies.
· Must have experience in using Agile project management tools (JIRA), and CI/CD pipelines.
· Experience developing cloud native solutions according to industry best practices
· Use industry best practices for source code management in Git as if it were open source
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and comprehend technical details clearly. Must be able to demonstrate product demos to users and stakeholders, collect feedback and implement improvements.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Master's degree preferred
· Must be able to obtain Federal Government Public Trust
Job Type: Full-time